Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Northstandchat this morning

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just tuned in to check out the threads. NSC feels like this...

Really guys. What did we all expect this season? We're stepping up into the Premier League, with no real track record at this level. We're not going to attract the signings we want early in the season, and yet with what we have and what we have attracted, we've managed to secure 13th spot.

Yes, we are on a lean run, but we are not being played off the park week in week out. We are not yet half way through the season, and against the bottom half sides we're showing that we can do what's required to stay up. Staying up is the objective for this season, and that involves not losing. It's not about playing like Barca.

Yes, we should be turning defence into attack faster; yes we should shoot when we have a sight of goal; yes, I'd like to see Chris make some changes earlier, but really, in the scheme of things, the world of BHAFC is not a disaster.

If we go down, then we'll have learned lots.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Really guys. What did we all expect this season? We're stepping up into the Premier League, with no real track record at this level. We're not going to attract the signings we want early in the season, and yet with what we have and what we have attracted, we've managed to secure 13th spot.

Yes, we are on a lean run, but we are not being played off the park week in week out. We are not yet half way through the season, and against the bottom half sides we're showing that we can do what's required to stay up. Staying up is the objective for this season, and that involves not losing. It's not about playing like Barca.

Yes, we should be turning defence into attack faster; yes we should shoot when we have a sight of goal; yes, I'd like to see Chris make some changes earlier, but really, in the scheme of things, the world of BHAFC is not a disaster.

I'm on my way to my local A&E, as I've pissed myself so much last night, I cannot remove Tena Men!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

I can't say I have read every thread but this is probably the first time I have seen the word "Disaster" used :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A lot of chickens seem to have lost their heads.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
we've managed to secure 13th spot.

I've seen this quoted a lot and fail to see any real relevance this early in the season. 'We' were all laughing at Palace a few weeks ago and how quickly things turn. The fact is that we are 3 points off the relegation zone and not playing with any creativity and seemingly not a lot of confidence. Burnley yesterday were pretty crap and we should have beaten them, fairly easily even. The run of games up to that were pretty dire (Man U excepted)

Thinking that a signing or two is going to magically transform our season is clutching at straws. I think we need more tempo and quicker ball movement, our central midfielders need to improve their passing accuracy and get forward an awful lot more, and we need more movement in and around the opposition box. That isn't going to just change with signings

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've seen this quoted a lot and fail to see any real relevance this early in the season. 'We' were all laughing at Palace a few weeks ago and how quickly things turn. The fact is that we are 3 points off the relegation zone and not playing with any creativity and seemingly not a lot of confidence. Burnley yesterday were pretty crap and we should have beaten them, fairly easily even. The run of games up to that were pretty dire (Man U excepted)

Thinking that a signing or two is going to magically transform our season is clutching at straws. I think we need more tempo and quicker ball movement, our central midfielders need to get forward an awful lot more and we need more movement in and around the opposition box. That isn't going to just change with signings

Propper took that risk against Stoke setting up the goal for Gross.

Not done it since. He's out of position so deep in my opinion, juts making simple JFC passes at the moments. You can see he's fairly technical but hes not a holding DM, doing his best though.

I don't expect to thrash everybody but some more risks need to be taken against the teams around us. Udders banged 4 in yesterday, they seem to have got the balance right on when to try and shut up shop and when to have a go at someone.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can't say I have read every thread but this is probably the first time I have seen the word "Disaster" used :shrug:

I fail to see your point. If you are suggesting that I am insinuating that people think the season is a disaster, then that's a stretch to far. I'm suggesting we all remain calm and keep perspective. To see threads that suggest some might have lost faith in CH is ridiculous given where we stand right now. Would you agree?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

Thinking that a signing or two is going to magically transform our season is clutching at straws. I think we need more tempo and quicker ball movement, our central midfielders need to improve their passing accuracy and get forward an awful lot more, and we need more movement in and around the opposition box. That isn't going to just change with signings

First class post :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I fail to see your point. If you are suggesting that I am insinuating that people think the season is a disaster, then that's a stretch to far. I'm suggesting we all remain calm and keep perspective. To see threads that suggest some might have lost faith in CH is ridiculous given where we stand right now. Would you agree?

My point is, when I typed the post was, I have not seen the word Disaster used in any other threads about our form and results, but I did state that I have not read every thread (and I should have added "every post" within the threads)

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
This season is a steep learning curve and the Albion are short of enough class players to string a goodly amount of strong games together.

We are not getting thumped off the park on a regular basis, but Chris and the lads need to up the anti when chances come along to gain vital points, yesterday was a case in point where we did play a much better tempo, the only thing that failed us yesterday was the killer touch, we might have to spend a bit more than Tony wants to if he wants that amount of talent in our team to help us avoid the threat of relegation.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't expect to thrash everybody but some more risks need to be taken against the teams around us. Udders banged 4 in yesterday, they seem to have got the balance right on when to try and shut up shop and when to have a go at someone.

I don't expect to thrash anyone :)

Goals on Sunday has Wagner as the guest. I don't really like the bloke but I like what he's saying. One thing for sure, he's not scared of the PL and the prospect of failure (in the broader sense) isn't impacting on what he does

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't expect to thrash anyone :)

Goals on Sunday has Wagner as the guest. I don't really like the bloke but I like what he's saying. One thing for sure, he's not scared of the PL and the prospect of failure (in the broader sense) isn't impacting on what he does

Similar to you. I can't stand Wagner. But he's so focused and keeps it simple in every way, yesterday saying that his aim all along was for 12 wins to stay up and now they have 6. With inevitable draws, Wagner is spot on with that IMO. Defeats, some heavy, in between aren't the end of the world. Anyone obsessing with GD in December is missing the main point.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No point worrying is there? What happens, happens.

This is hardly a Hereford situation.

:lolol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I'm normally rolling my eyes at the prospect of a goal machine coming in and transforming our season, but close as we are to the relegation zone some better finishing, a little more confidence and the ability to throw on some subs who can change our shape. A couple of decent signings might well be all we need.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Whatever happens in next few games we'll have reached new year without being cast adrift at the bottom.
I'm happy with that.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I definitely agree overall but some of the performances have absolutely warranted criticism.

Not yesterday though. Missed chances aside yesterday was good.

Well according to the bloke who sits behind me in the Family Stand it was one of the worst Brighton performances he's ever seen. Never stopped shouting and moaning with his idiot offspring all match. Murray was appalling, and then when he went off March was the worst player on the pitch. The guy has literally not stopped moaning since the day the Amex opened. It can be hard to enjoy games when you've got a constant running commentary in your earhole from someone who thinks they're a football expert and seems to dislike almost everything about what they're watching.

But I agree with you. Good positive play most of the game, we made Burnley look very ordinary and we had some bad luck.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here