Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Northstandchat this morning

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Just tuned in to check out the threads. NSC feels like this...

Really guys. What did we all expect this season? We're stepping up into the Premier League, with no real track record at this level. We're not going to attract the signings we want early in the season, and yet with what we have and what we have attracted, we've managed to secure 13th spot.

Yes, we are on a lean run, but we are not being played off the park week in week out. We are not yet half way through the season, and against the bottom half sides we're showing that we can do what's required to stay up. Staying up is the objective for this season, and that involves not losing. It's not about playing like Barca.

Yes, we should be turning defence into attack faster; yes we should shoot when we have a sight of goal; yes, I'd like to see Chris make some changes earlier, but really, in the scheme of things, the world of BHAFC is not a disaster.

If we go down, then we'll have learned lots.

Well said. We were always fighting for 4th from bottom.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In what sense have we 'secured' 13th spot? That's where we are at the moment. I'd love to believe it's where we'll finish but there's nothing secure about it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well according to the bloke who sits behind me in the Family Stand it was one of the worst Brighton performances he's ever seen. Never stopped shouting and moaning with his idiot offspring all match. Murray was appalling, and then when he went off March was the worst player on the pitch. The guy has literally not stopped moaning since the day the Amex opened. It can be hard to enjoy games when you've got a constant running commentary in your earhole from someone who thinks they're a football expert and seems to dislike almost everything about what they're watching.

But I agree with you. Good positive play most of the game, we made Burnley look very ordinary and we had some bad luck.

Yup. We've got one of those in the row behind us in WSU. It really does detract from the enjoyment.

Jul 7, 2003
Yup. We've got one of those in the row behind us in WSU. It really does detract from the enjoyment.

A few of those in the WSU but you just have to laugh at them. My favourite is the bloke who spends all the game complaining when we keep possession rather than hoof it aimlessly forward but when we do go long and lose possession, he moans that we should keep the ball:ffsparr:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
In what sense have we 'secured' 13th spot? That's where we are at the moment. I'd love to believe it's where we'll finish but there's nothing secure about it.

Agreed, 'secure' 13th spot is possibly the most ridiculous phrase I've read on here for quite some time ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here