Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Skalak and Murphy?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Murphy: at least can run at players well, with the ball, and works hard defensively (plus has a decent shot on him).

Skalak: can at least put in a decent ball, occasionally.

Izquierdo is so..... absent.

Knocky and March are simply off form and we've stuck with them both for a while now. People will say Murphy and Skalak aren't good enough but like Knocky and March they had plenty of good games in the Championship, so what gives?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Murphy: at least can run at players well, with the ball, and works hard defensively (plus has a decent shot on him).

Knocky and March are simply off form and we've stuck with them both for a while now. People will say Murphy and Skalak aren't good enough but like Knocky and March they had plenty of good games in the Championship, so what gives?

....and Baldrick. Don't forget Baldrick as an attacking threat. What gives?

theboybilly

Leave Jose alone. He needs more game time not being a sub one week and subbed the next.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Thank the Lord you’re not the manager. Terrible assessment of player quality

scooter1

How soon is now?
I watched Skalak against Barnet and he was shocking, if that's what he currently has to offer then his first team Albion career is over at this level. Murphy can beat a player, but doesn't offer much more and jumps out of so many tackles. Both will easily find new clubs, but are not PL players

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Both will be offered out in January window.
Rangers want Murphy.
Skalák to anyone who will take.
Neither have a future here.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Because March and Knocky are really, really poor currently?

We can go round in circles here ???
Skalak and Murphy would definitely not be a better option, I didn't think March was too bad yesterday, especially in the first half.
I wouldn't say either player is really, really poor TBF.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Don't rate Skalak, not good enough in open play. I am surprised Murphy has dropped out of the picture, more than good enough to do a job off the bench.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Anyone suggesting Skalak should be anywhere near the first team squad bar the Palace Cup reserve match needs putting out of their misery in a quiet corner.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I would rather have Murphy or Baldock on the bench than Brown. They are our players and will give 100% given the chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here