Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Has To Wake Up

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Watford games Chrismas hats streamers Drum flags trumpet loads of noise no fireworks.
Make our own luck and noise from all parts of the ground we can help, thought are fans are great away but need to up the volume at home.
This game is very important. Please try and use the Club exchange or try and use your seat.��:whistle::whistle:

Yes, absolutely this. We must all try and raise the noise levels and the team must also do their bit, which, with a week inbetween games, will hopefully be possible with little if any fatigue to contend with. Very often I read that other areas of the ground make little noise, other than the North Stand, and whilst the North is undoubtedly the most vociferous, bless them, I think that it is far too easy to write-off other areas. Fans in the North Stand simply would not hear other areas -in East Stand Upper, it really can get quite heated and is not the "library" that it is sometimes depicted. Let's hope that that there are no empty seats next week, and everyone is up for the challenge. Watford have sold out, so they will be here in force; well, I assume they will, as the ticket info on their site says Saturday December 26th!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Certainly need to make some noise next Saturday. Bournemouth match will be subdued as it’s an early kick off on New Year’s Day. Usually very quiet as we nurse our hangovers and recover from a week of indulgence.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
muppetanimal.gif

el punal

The atmosphere we created against Sheffield Wednesday 2 seasons ago was immense, the stuff of legend, But we have to start repeating that for league games. This was a massive game today, but fans North, South, East and West have to realise they need a bit more. Yeah, 0-0 today but felt we could have done a bit more, and we're going to have to against Watford & Bournrmouth.

We have our part to play.

Amex Has To Wake Up?

Can you hear the girders sing? No! No! Can you hear the girders sing? I can't hear a f***ing thing!

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I wasn't there but did say to the misses it is the quietest the Amex has sounded on the telly this season.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Players not shooting towards the North Stand in the second half didn't help. That always puts us in a mood. Must've been Burnley's choice. Does make you wonder why more teams don't do it though. Last season when a team did it, they were roundly booed. Didn't get that yesterday.

Still, fans do really need to sing more. Even where I am in the North there are people around me who barely sing, and we all stand for the whole game!

Police Box side of the North wasn't as loud as usual, so it was hard to get both sides in one voice.

We've had games where the whole stadium has been in great voice, so that proves that we can do it. Why are fans being lazy? I hate that "Oh, well, we had 9 men for that game" excuse. Baffling.

You don't have to start the songs, just join in, wherever you are. Every little helps.

This is when the team needs us fans the most, so get behind them!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Players not shooting towards the North Stand in the second half didn't help. That always puts us in a mood. Must've been Burnley's choice.

Wonder if that was due to a certain ex-Albion player's insider information on which end wealways like to play towards second half, or Burnley doing their homework on same, or just Burnley winning the toss and randomly electing not to shoot towards their own fans second half? I know which my money would be on.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Players not shooting towards the North Stand in the second half didn't help. That always puts us in a mood. Must've been Burnley's choice. Does make you wonder why more teams don't do it though. Last season when a team did it, they were roundly booed. Didn't get that yesterday.

Still, fans do really need to sing more. Even where I am in the North there are people around me who barely sing, and we all stand for the whole game!

Police Box side of the North wasn't as loud as usual, so it was hard to get both sides in one voice.

We've had games where the whole stadium has been in great voice, so that proves that we can do it. Why are fans being lazy? I hate that "Oh, well, we had 9 men for that game" excuse. Baffling.

You don't have to start the songs, just join in, wherever you are. Every little helps.

This is when the team needs us fans the most, so get behind them!
must admit the WSU seemed a little disjointed it did need a goal to spark it but this will be harder this season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wonder if that was due to a certain ex-Albion player's insider information on which end wealways like to play towards second half, or Burnley doing their homework on same, or just Burnley winning the toss and randomly electing not to shoot towards their own fans second half? I know which my money would be on.
They did it the last time they came too and scored that late goal in the South end.

Makes a lot of sense and surprised more teams don't bother.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They did it the last time they came too and scored that late goal in the South end.

Makes a lot of sense and surprised more teams don't bother.

Ignore this nonsense.... :)

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The atmosphere we created against Sheffield Wednesday 2 seasons ago was immense, the stuff of legend, But we have to start repeating that for league games. This was a massive game today, but fans North, South, East and West have to realise they need a bit more. Yeah, 0-0 today but felt we could have done a bit more, and we're going to have to against Watford & Bournrmouth.

We have our part to play.

Atmosphere is at least 50% performance/circumstance related. We went for it against sheff wed and we felt hard done by from the first leg.
Everybody was praising Huddesfield last week but when they went 1 down against Chelsea in mid week and couldn't get the ball their fans fell silent.
A defensive team line up doesn't help with the atmosphere either.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Exactly, the North did it best, but crickey the majority of fans in West and East are going to have to get involved - 1 x Albion Albion per game isn't going to be enough. Today wasn't enough from us the fans, not by a long chalk and to be fair the team gave enough to get behind.

Barely hear the North either yesterday

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I blame the new lights, shining in my eyes and spoiling the view for spectators.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Bet lots of holders are busy with Christmas plans and selling their tickets to fair weather fans. Buyers aren’t the addicted noisy supporters our boys need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here