Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Has To Wake Up

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Right. Brighton & Hove Albion are not Bourissia Dortmund. We don’t have a history of being loud and the Amex is not an intimidating place to come. People need to be realistic with what the atmosphere is always going to be like. Similarly, most grounds in the Prem are quiet, bar a few

No, which is why I made the observation when we did make it intimating, so a realistic comparison to what we have achieved at the Amex. You're then just making excuses or whether I sing? I'm having trouble keeping up with the 'like' norltifications on my first post so sorry if I can't reply straight away.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Saw on the news that the busiest night for the Christmas party was last night.

Comments in three months from "we stuffed an established Premier League side (West Brom)" to "it was only Burnley" is slightly alarming.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No, which is why I made the observation when we did make it intimating, so a realistic comparison to what we have achieved at the Amex. You're then just making excuses or whether I sing? I'm having trouble keeping up with the 'like' norltifications on my first post so sorry if I can't reply straight away.

All 4 of them?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I came straight from my counselling that I have to have now, because of the traumatic events when Palace came to the Amex.
You'll lucky if I even breath a bit heavy, let alone sing or shout now, I'm so scarred.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
ldW50.gif

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just a factual observation but I was annoyed by moaning idiots today ("that's shit" "get it forward" "give it to him early" etc etc) in WSU for the first time since 2015.

They and their ilk would have shut up and The Amex would have been loud again had we scored a goal...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just a factual observation but I was annoyed by moaning idiots today ("that's shit" "get it forward" "give it to him early" etc etc) in WSU for the first time since 2015.

They and their ilk would have shut up and The Amex would have been loud again had we scored a goal...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
trouble is we can oftern see the pass better from the WSU and sooner than the players so you are on the edge of our seats shouting but we did need a goal but I'll take one point than no points let's win our next two home games and get behind our team.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yawn. The atmosphere for that Wednesday game was due to the importance of the game and how unlikely it was that we'd overcome the aggregate. You don't reach those levels playing Burnley at home for obvious reasons. Hard to sing when half the team don't look interested tbh

Except in that game with 2 players sent off in 18, which before Wednesday was probably the best atmosphere we ever witnessed at our new home.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sad that the Wednesday game is still being held up as the benchmark. Hopefully by 2025 we won't be still referencing the f/ing Wednesday game!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the OP, all we're asking for is that some more fans join in with the songs and give the team more vocal support.

I'd say that outside of the North Stand the majority of fans actually don't sing at all during the game.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It was a flat atmosphere yesterday. A fair few no shows too, but unsurprising I suppose as it's 2 Saturday's from the 'C' word.

What happened to GOSBTS at the start as well? That's twice this season now we've had a GOSBTS malfunction. :down:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Watford games Chrismas hats streamers Drum flags trumpet loads of noise no fireworks.
Make our own luck and noise from all parts of the ground we can help, thought are fans are great away but need to up the volume at home.
This game is very important. Please try and use the Club exchange or try and use your seat.��:whistle::whistle:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yawn. The atmosphere for that Wednesday game was due to the importance of the game and how unlikely it was that we'd overcome the aggregate. You don't reach those levels playing Burnley at home for obvious reasons. Hard to sing when half the team don't look interested tbh

Yes, it is hard to disagree with your assertion about the atmosphere, but your last statement was very harsh. I thought that the performance, particularly in the first half, was quite spirited, and with a bit more luck, we could have been two or three up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here