Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert’s passing

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Wow, in true NSC style this thread is unravelling. The point I was trying to make was not that AK is a waste of space. In fact, I think he remains one of the most, if not the most exciting and inspirational players in our squad.

However, when he goes on a mazey run and the defenders track back in front of him all that happens is that the final third gets compressed which means that the final pass has be pinpoint - and that’s just not happening enough - in order to give the recipient any chance etc......

If, he were to release the ball a little earlier or beat the defender then we might see a better return.

Perhaps you should have opened with this fuller post (a sensible opinion) rather than your actual OP and then you wouldn’t have seen the thread unravel?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
**** me sideways. We’ve got a player, a kid, that will run himself into the ground, he’ll chase the ball relentelessy, he’ll attack with all the gusto he can manage, and people will question his pasding? Who the **** is he supposed to pass to? The statuesque Murray, the perennially offside Murray? Seriously, who the **** do we think we are? We’ve got a gem in Knockaert, let’s show him some god damn love! ****ing unbelievable.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He is .. he has played a number of games in the PL so by definition is a PL player. More seriously there were a few worse players than him today. He does some stupid petulant things but overall his workrate has been excellent.
Why is NSC turning on him? I thought he was decent today - his best game for a while, certainly one of our better players. His passing was nowhere near as bad as March's crossing.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
he holds on to the ball too long

I’ve been thinking this for about 6 weeks now. He needs to move the ball on quicker and look for a return pass into space to stretch the play. As someone has already pointed out all this running down blind alleys just compacts the play. Surely someone at the club can point this out and help with his decision making as this level. With Gross, Propper and Stephens in the team he should be getting some decent balls played in front of him.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
This evaluation of Knockaert's performance after every game seems bizarre to me. Compared to March who wasted his final ball throughout the match, Knocky, much like Wednesday broke forward with the ball better than any other player, put in a decent shift and generally seems lively. Lay off him - it will come.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
**** me sideways. We’ve got a player, a kid, that will run himself into the ground, he’ll chase the ball relentelessy, he’ll attack with all the gusto he can manage, and people will question his pasding? Who the **** is he supposed to pass to? The statuesque Murray, the perennially offside Murray? Seriously, who the **** do we think we are? We’ve got a gem in Knockaert, let’s show him some god damn love! ****ing unbelievable.
Well said.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Good post

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Had 2/3 players on him everytime he got on the ball. Burnley recognised the threat he carries. That said, maybe space in other areas because of that if he releases earlier, but as has been said, he needs someone to make a run

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Why does everyone immediately go for Knocky when we have a less than satisfactory result ? I thought March was very disappointing today, can't see why there is so much fuss about "assister" Gross and think that Izquierdo isn't much of an upgrade on Lua Lua. However, I'm not doubting the commitment of any of our players.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I thought the team played well today.

I naively thought NSC wouldn't be systematically turning on each player.
Oh well, better luck next week.

Although I don’t agree with the OP, why is it that anyone that has an opinion about a player, you feel the need to come out with your usual rubbish about all is good and no one should be questioned? This site is all about questions and opinions, you need to stop taking it personally if someone criticises a player. Everyone has the right to state their opinion and it doesn’t need your usual post that basically tells them they are not allowed to critiscise and and they should borrow your rose tinted glasses as everything is perfect!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
At least people on here are starting to acknowledge that the team might not be quite good enough at this level, including Knockaert. :xmas:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here