Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert’s passing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although I don’t agree with the OP, why is it that anyone that has an opinion about a player, you feel the need to come out with your usual rubbish about all is good and no one should be questioned? This site is all about questions and opinions, you need to stop taking it personally if someone criticises a player. Everyone has the right to state their opinion and it doesn’t need your usual post that basically tells them they are not allowed to critiscise and and they should borrow your rose tinted glasses as everything is perfect!

Haha I wish NSC would make up it's mind either I think everything is all good, or I'm doom-mongering.

@DarrenFreemansPerm seems to have answered this well enough for me, but I will add.
After the last few games at least 5 players on here have had a 'not good enough' thread while the referees whistle is still ringing in our ears.
Many, with the exception of Bong v Liverpool have been tough to argue with, and yet after an excellent team performance of which Knockaert was pivotal, we still get the same 'not good enough' shite.

In the first half, in particular, Knockaert's, passing, awareness, and movement was fantastic.
Himself Bruno & Gross combined to create so much space.
Between them they put in countless, dangerous, crosses, and AK hit the inside of the post.

Had that gone in and we won 1-0 I doubt this thread would have been written, begging the question, why write it?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Haha I wish NSC would make up it's mind either I think everything is all good, or I'm doom-mongering.

@DarrenFreemansPerm seems to have answered this well enough for me, but I will add.
After the last few games at least 5 players on here have had a 'not good enough' thread while the referees whistle is still ringing in our ears.
Many, with the exception of Bong v Liverpool have been tough to argue with, and yet after an excellent team performance of which Knockaert was pivotal, we still get the same 'not good enough' shite.

In the first half, in particular, Knockaert's, passing, awareness, and movement was fantastic.
Himself Bruno & Gross combined to create so much space.
Between them they put in countless, dangerous, crosses, and AK hit the inside of the post.

Had that gone in and we won 1-0 I doubt this thread would have been written, begging the question, why write it?

One goal in 6 games, 2 shots on target yesterday, of course your going to get the same 'not good enough' shite. :xmas:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One goal in 6 games, 2 shots on target yesterday, of course your going to get the same 'not good enough' shite. :xmas:

Not sure, after yesterday, Knockaert can be added into that criticism.
That is considerably further up the food chain.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Thought he had a better game today but he is up against premier league players and is finding it more difficult than last season

That has surely got to be true about all our players, especially when they have cost 10 times more than any of ours. Knockaert needs to regain his confidence - isn't it around the anniversary of his Dad's death?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That has surely got to be true about all our players, especially when they have cost 10 times more than any of ours. Knockaert needs to regain his confidence - isn't it around the anniversary of his Dad's death?

That was November, because the team were wearing poppy shirts when Sidwell scored his 50 yarder.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Nigel Pearson was not a fan of his in the Premier League.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
There were one or two missed passes yesterday or more, that he ran into trouble after carrying the ball for too long but I thought he was one of our best players yesterday. One of the very few who was prepared to run at an opponent and looked dangerous. Hughton should have left him on and taken Solly off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There were one or two missed passes yesterday or more, that he ran into trouble after carrying the ball for too long but I thought he was one of our best players yesterday. One of the very few who was prepared to run at an opponent and looked dangerous. Hughton should have left him on and taken Solly off.

Agreed. I am of the opinion that Solly is only up to being an impact sub at the moment. I much prefer Izquierdo and Knockaert as our wingers. Shame we either don’t play to Jose’s strengths ( chasing a long ball at pace over the fullback) and when we do the pass is normally shit. March seems to lack confidence in his ability as there is no doubt he has the ball skills. For me Knockaert brings more to the team than either of them and doesn’t hide when the going gets rough. Wish he could lose the fractious surly attitude when things don’t go his way, it affects his game badly.

Edit, thinking about it the biggest problem when Izquierdo, March or Knockaert run at defenders, on the break and beat them there is no ****er in the penalty to cross to when they get to the byline.!

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
**** me sideways. We’ve got a player, a kid, that will run himself into the ground, he’ll chase the ball relentelessy, he’ll attack with all the gusto he can manage, and people will question his pasding? Who the **** is he supposed to pass to? The statuesque Murray, the perennially offside Murray? Seriously, who the **** do we think we are? We’ve got a gem in Knockaert, let’s show him some god damn love! ****ing unbelievable.

Absolutely what he said!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Knockaert has been our best winger for a number of weeks. Izquierdo is all pace and no brain while March doesn’t seem interested in taking on a defender, he just wants to punt the ball aimlessly towards the box as quickly as possible. People don’t seem to accept Knockaert obviously won’t beat defenders easily in this league. Instead of comparing him to last season, if you judge him by the standards of a struggling PL team I think he’s doing okay. He’s got the balls required to go looking for the ball, he doesn’t hide, he works hard and he links up well with Bruno to provide a threat down that side. He might not win many matches single handedly at this level but he’s doing a decent job.

Sad others can't see. My work mate who is a Spurs STH said he was having kittens every time Knockeart had the ball as they couldn't cope with him. Burnley's strike force shows how good our fans are at judging a player mind. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here