Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley: one point gained or two points dropped?

Burnley: one point gained or two points lost?

• One point gained

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 182 86.7%

• Total voters

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
2 dropped, we should have won overall. They were not as solid as I expected and we got through them quite a bit.

A 2-0 HT lead would have been right, but they looked the more dangerous the last 30 mins tbh.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Definitely 2 dropped.
We should have been home and hosed at half-time.
Very frustrating no to get the win, especially whilst having to watch the big, fat, ginger Dalek squeaking incessantly in the 4th officials ear !

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Earlier this week I described home draws as death by a thousand cuts.

A draw next week would be poor against a side that are not on form.

A win will leave us relatively well placed at the half way mark.

I guarantee you mr bozza that Watford will be a better outfit than Burnley. I have to say they were there for the taking today and we blew it big style. Should have been 2/3 up by HT and outta site. Won't get any more gifts like Burnley again this season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Burnley were there for the taking so two points lost.

What really concerns me is the attitude/mindset, I honestly think the team thinks they can't win and so won't and that was epitomised by Murray's penalty.

There were a lot of good opportunities but we did not take them and it looked to me that we could have played another 90 minutes and we would still not take them.

People talk about luck, but you can create luck by the way you play and we play too negatively

One final point, for all the Izzy Brown slaggers out there, he played ok today some bad bits but also some good bits. Give the lad a chance!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2 lost.

The luck-o-meter has now notched down to - 2 with albion's luck all evening out except for bad luck results v Man Utd and Burnley.

So we are due some lucky points to get back to parity.

No way.

Unless we're 1 up and the opposition equalise, it's a point gained.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Burnley were there for the taking so two points lost.

What really concerns me is the attitude/mindset, I honestly think the team thinks they can't win and so won't and that was epitomised by Murray's penalty.

There were a lot of good opportunities but we did not take them and it looked to me that we could have played another 90 minutes and we would still not take them.

People talk about luck, but you can create luck by the way you play and we play too negatively

One final point, for all the Izzy Brown slaggers out there, he played ok today some bad bits but also some good bits. Give the lad a chance!!!

You've got a negative mindset yourself if you think we were negative today.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Ugly Pk failure. Breaking my rule that the victim of a PK foul never takes the kick. There is to much adrenaline flowing to make a good job of the PK.

Two points lost, therefore is the only conclusion to draw from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
2 dropped very similar to stoke and Everton games where we just lack that quality ball or finish to turn 1 point into 3.

Plus points kept the ball really well today and pressed Burnley well. Main concern is goals have dried up and we need to address that quickly as cannot draw our way to safety

The Oracle speaks
I am your servent and agree

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Burnley are above Liverpool (thrashed us ) and Spurs won in 2nd gear v us , they are a bloody good team and to get anything out of this game is a right result imo . The facts are we should of at least scored which of course is disappointing but i'm quite happy with a point v Burnley .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Burnley are above Liverpool (thrashed us ) and Spurs won in 2nd gear v us , they are a bloody good team and to get anything out of this game is a right result imo . The facts are we should of at least scored which of course is disappointing but i'm quite happy with a point v Burnley .

That is the problem because in comparison to those 2 Burnley are third rate and we could and should have beaten them which is something we would never have done against Liverpool or Spurs. So 1 point is a poor consolation prize.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
One point gained.

Keeps us nicely on target to be where we need to be at the halfway stage.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here