Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley: one point gained or two points dropped?

Burnley: one point gained or two points lost?

• One point gained

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 182 86.7%

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You've got a negative mindset yourself if you think we were negative today.

The negativity I speak of is not about the passing or the will to attack but what they do when they get in the final 20 yards.

How many whipped in balls (other than AKs) , how many crosses from open play. Looked to me that people could not make a decision and our attacks were ponderous and so ineffective despite all the work to get to that point.

We also need to improve on our shooting 2 on target is not enough (tho I guess AK hitting the post was a very close miss).

I re-iterate Burnley were there for the taking and we did not win.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We really need to be winning our home games against side's like Burnley. Hard to look on it as anything but 2 points dropped.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Couldn't go yesterday due to ill health, so based only on what I saw on MOTD only, definitely 2 dropped. Looked like we were all over them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Half time two dropped. Full time about right, could have lost it but for Matt Ryan.

Said last week we needed 4 pts from Burnley and Watford, so if we win the next one I'll be satisfied, but if we don't, I won't.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Bozza, I'm detecting a pattern with your recent posts. There seems to be an air of defeatistism tinged with the pessimism. Is all not quite right in bozzaland or are you just having a senior JCL moment?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bozza, I'm detecting a pattern with your recent posts. There seems to be an air of defeatistism tinged with the pessimism. Is all not quite right in bozzaland or are you just having a senior JCL moment?
Don't worry about Bozza's transparent click bait thread starting.

If we dont spend enough in January then expect a poll about Tony Bloom...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Absolutely and definitely two points dropped.

If GM had converted the penalty, and had other attempts been favourable especially Knocky's post strike, LD's header which was blocked by SD who had obviously forgotten which end he was at, and the ref had awarded a further penalty when GM was elbowed, we could have been out of sight by half time

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Every point this season is a point gained.

It's part of my plan for sanity.

No game is Must Win in December. Or January or February.

In case you've forgotten, we got here in part by being #Together. Team, club, management, fans. We can only go backwards by changing that.

Keep your nerve folks and enjoy the ride.

PG

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
One Point Gained. All points are welcome in this division this year. I was disappointed with the penalty of course - pleased with much of our performance although we need more firepower.

We could easily have lost this match and imo if Burnley had showed more ambition in the final fifteen minutes, we probably would have

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
After the game I was disappointed, on reflection we did create some good chances to win.

My main moan is that when we are on top of teams we don't gamble and push Stephens or Propper into the penalty area. They are obviously told to hold a line but surely we can take the occasional calculated risk and push Propper up ten yards into the opponents box.

I'm still in the two points dropped corner.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Bit of both. Great 1st half. Should of been in front but 2nd they shaded it. Ryan named MOTM showed that they created some very good openings. Shows at this level with the chances you have to take the few opening you get.

Ryan was in the Garth Crooks team of the week, no less!

But two points dropped. Missing a penalty, having another one turned down, hitting the post.......

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Two points dropped by Seagulls - Burnley minus first-choice keeper Heaton, both first-choice full-backs and the in-form Robbie Brady.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here