Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are getting relegated ......... according to the bookies

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's all very well saying you don't care if we get relegated - you should care. In the Championship this club loses millions of pounds every year (and not just a few millions either), and that is simply not sustainable in the long term. We can't just expect Uncle Tony to go on forking out £20M or £30M every season - and cutting our budget to League 1 or 2 levels wouldn't financially support the Amex stadium and Lancing.
Relegation, with parachute payments and bouncing back quickly is all very well, but it is a much higher risk than staying in the PL.

Unfortunately, is a very accurate assessment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If!!!

But he didn't, and we didn't score AGAIN.

The point was scoring from open play. A converted penalty would have us on 20 points today and still not having scored from open play since the time the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This. Much better performance today after the 3 match blip. Win against Watford and I’ll be pretty optimistic.

Far better performance today ...just need something to go in the net off someone’s shin or arse who cares...welll one poster on this thread would he’d be terribly upset if Brighton won.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The point was scoring from open play. A converted penalty would have us on 20 points today and still not having scored from open play since the time the dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Probably a decent BHA quiz question. When was the last goal we scored in open play?

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Ignores the fact that the msssive clubs always beat us. Meaning scoring goals and wins are required against the other 13 clubs.

Indeed: As nice as Hughton is, he has his part as to why we are pants at this level. He hasn’t got a very good record at this level has he? Defend, Defend, Defend at this level = bore, bore, bore. Mike Bailey got sacked by BHA for playing dull football. At least the club scored then sat back. We don’t even score! His record for signing decent forwards is shocking. Do people really expect a top centre forward joining us in January? Unfortunately, I only see him being sacked in February when we are in the bottom two. It will be too late by then.

Being pessimistic? No. Just realistic. I really hope that my comments are bounced back in February when we are mid table ...... unfortunately I can’t see it. We are where we are as the manager is not good enough at this level.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Indeed: As nice as Hughton is, he has his part as to why we are pants at this level. He hasn’t got a very good record at this level has he? Defend, Defend, Defend at this level = bore, bore, bore. Mike Bailey got sacked by BHA for playing dull football. At least the club scored then sat back. We don’t even score! His record for signing decent forwards is shocking. Do people really expect a top centre forward joining us in January? Unfortunately, I only see him being sacked in February when we are in the bottom two. It will be too late by then.

Being pessimistic? No. Just realistic. I really hope that my comments are bounced back in February when we are mid table ...... unfortunately I can’t see it. We are where we are as the manager is not good enough at this level.

We are 13th. What position do we need to be in for you to be happy? Would you prefer us to be 18th but having won the last game? Do you know our wage bill is the second lowest in the league? Do you think Tony is tight and unworthy as Chairman of our great club?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
After today’s goal shy performance - only 2 shots on target & all of our 4 wins against the bottom 4 sides, the bookies now have us to be relegated in 18th spot, with Swansea & WBA below us.

At 5/2 do you think it is a fair odd?
Thoughts on whether we are good enough to stay up.
Would we be doing better if the team had a more gun ho approach like Huddersfield
When are we going to win next?
When are we going to score a goal next?
Are we panicking or should we be?
Chris Houghton needs help from us NSC posters - so let’s give it to him LARGE

With all due respect, **** what the bookies think. What we want is pace and passion. We don’t have expensive players, we have no world class players, we have barely no pockets of good fortune. What we do have is what Ryan, Dunk and Duffy offer., raw passion and pride. It’s what us fans should take on board and scream on to the pitch. This club has been in trouble far worse than this. Let’s do it. Bring it on. *** the bookies. We go again, we strengthen in January and we push on. 17th will be a victory for the little guys

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
We are 13th. What position do we need to be in for you to be happy? Would you prefer us to be 18th but having won the last game? Do you know our wage bill is the second lowest in the league? Do you think Tony is tight and unworthy as Chairman of our great club?

The manager is at fault here, not the chairman. It’s the manager that sets the team up to play boring football. 2 shots on target again today at home to Burnley. Pathetic. It’s the manager that signs or at least seeks players. Hughton’s centre forward record is Pathetic. The manager was found out at Norwich, Newcastle & us at this level. I don’t want him sacked, I want him to do well - but this season is a slow death. 4 wins to date all against teams in the bottom 6. Lose at home to Watford (more likely) than a win against them - the boo boys will be out

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The manager is at fault here, not the chairman. It’s the manager that sets the team up to play boring football. 2 shots on target again today at home to Burnley. Pathetic. It’s the manager that signs or at least seeks players. Hughton’s centre forward record is Pathetic. The manager was found out at Norwich, Newcastle & us at this level. I don’t want him sacked, I want him to do well - but this season is a slow death. 4 wins to date all against teams in the bottom 6. Lose at home to Watford (more likely) than a win against them - the boo boys will be out

Bugger off Bognor

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Sounds like you've started ...hopefully you will be cheering the team on next Saturday rather than already writing them off

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Our defence is ****ing solid, warriors, the lot of ‘em. Give Knocky a striker to feed off and we’ll be fine. We’ve got the poorest striking options in the league, address that and we’ll be fine.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
After today’s goal shy performance - only 2 shots on target & all of our 4 wins against the bottom 4 sides, the bookies now have us to be relegated in 18th spot, with Swansea & WBA below us.

At 5/2 do you think it is a fair odd?
Thoughts on whether we are good enough to stay up.
Would we be doing better if the team had a more gun ho approach like Huddersfield
When are we going to win next?
When are we going to score a goal next?
Are we panicking or should we be?
Chris Houghton needs help from us NSC posters - so let’s give it to him LARGE
(We) have just dominated and should have beaten.the 4th placed.team in the premier league , i , and i suspect most on here would have taken that in August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here