Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are getting relegated ......... according to the bookies

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
IMHO the Championship is more fun. Will we, won't we stay up is also part of the fun, but the reality is that in this league we will lose more than we win and therefore by default people will moan more than they are happy. I would take a relegation and a promotion as a yo yo club up and down into the Premiership alternate years over mid/lower table mediocrity in this league..

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
IMHO the Championship is more fun. Will we, won't we stay up is also part of the fun, but the reality is that in this league we will lose more than we win and therefore by default people will moan more than they are happy. I would take a relegation and a promotion as a yo yo club up and down into the Premiership alternate years over mid/lower table mediocrity in this league..

I can't help feeling this is very short-sighted. If we stay up this year, and I think that on balance we will, then another substantial dose of PL dosh comes our way which means that a larger squad of players capable of playing in the PL will be assembled. Also, your either . . or is all too convenient - what happens if we don't come up again - not all teams with parachute payments do go up again. Having said that, I can also see what you are saying -but it depends on whether you regard mid table PL as mediocre.

Interesting thought - we have been here before in the sense that after the initial euphoria of going up in 1979/80 the crowds starting waning in subsequent years, as the club lost more games than won. Early days of course & different times - but at the end of the day, unless you are a hard core fan - you want to see your side not get beat week in week out.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would take a relegation and a promotion as a yo yo club up and down into the Premiership alternate years over mid/lower table mediocrity in this league..

What is a Yo Yo club? I guess you could count Burnley as one given they were a Champ club that went up-down-up but there aren't any others in recent times.

If we come down we'll get 2 shots at getting back before TB has to reign in the spending. Then what?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Thread title is wrong. Those odds mean are less likely do go down than stay up

And anyone who thinks that going down isnt a bad thing because of atmospheres/better away days is being a little bit selfish, just my opinion

It would be a huge kick in the teeth for TB after bankrolling us getting where we are and we cant be self sufficient below the premier league (I doubt). Going down would be a big backwards step from a business perspective after all the hard work. Staying up (and with it having to endure more losses than we have become used to, the odd thrashing) is so important. Morale would shot if we went down, and the team would need half rebuilding. Burnley did it, but really dont want to try that

kjgood

Our lack of goals is concerning and there have been several games recently where we should have taken more points, Manure and Burnley for example, but where did I honestly expect us to be at Christmas ? bottom four, so thirteenth is a result for now. Yes only a few points clear of the bottom four but we are today clear. So for me at the moment the glass is still half full.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Despite our win today the bookies still think we will be in a scrap till the end of the season. They are now saying:

20th Swansea
19th WBA
18th Muff
17th us

How on earth can they be so negative about us?

Would take that but yeah too negative- I do think we are better than a bottom 4 finish. Time will tell. I think we will stay up, pallllllllllllllllllllllarce will for sure today was a huge win so happy tonight

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Despite our win today the bookies still think we will be in a scrap till the end of the season. They are now saying:

20th Swansea
19th WBA
18th Muff
17th us

TBF we are roughly level with Newcastle at 3/1, with Stoke, Hudds, West Ham and Palace a point bigger at 4/1. With their squads that is fair enough, bar Hudds who I can't see should be higher priced than us. Perhaps our misfiring strike force is the reason

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

20th Swansea
19th WBA
18th Muff
17th us

Fixtures? We've only 4 home games left against teams in bottom 12 (Swansea, Hudders, West Ham, B'Muff). Not sure we can drop points in any of those

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Fixtures? We've only 4 home games left against teams in bottom 12 (Swansea, Hudders, West Ham, B'Muff). Not sure we can drop points in any of those

and If we take those 12 points we will have 33 and within spitting distance of staying up....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

20th Swansea
19th WBA
18th Muff
17th us

Your cut off for effect, excludes Newcastle, Hudd, CP and Stoke, all only at slightly longer odds than us. That's 8 clubs scraping it out, and who's to say another might get sucked in?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Swansea, Newcastle and us I reckon as it stands. Think West Brom have massively underperformed but reckon their squad is more capable of pulling out of it.

So you think Huddersfield are more likely than us to stay up?

Edit: Sorry, responding to an old post.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2354.PNG

Justified. Boro like form.

Swansea, Brighton and one of WBA/Newcastle/Hudd?

UNLESS, further quality signings this month transfer the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here