Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are getting relegated ......... according to the bookies

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a minor point of order, 5/2 means the bookies are saying we are significantly less likely to go down than we are to go down.

The odds suggest there is little to choose between West Ham, Stoke, Palace, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Huddersfield and us.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
For the first time this season I think we will get relegated. Just don’t think there are three sides worse than us. Really don’t believe we will strengthen much in the New year either. I’ll still watch the side in the championship - which let’s be honest is our natural home these days

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Zero goals from open play in the last 6 games. Will we stay up?

On present form, no.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After today’s goal shy performance - only 2 shots on target & all of our 4 wins against the bottom 4 sides, the bookies now have us to be relegated in 18th spot, with Swansea & WBA below us.

At 5/2 do you think it is a fair odd?
Thoughts on whether we are good enough to stay up.
Would we be doing better if the team had a more gun ho approach like Huddersfield
When are we going to win next?
When are we going to score a goal next?
Are we panicking or should we be?
Chris Houghton needs help from us NSC posters - so let’s give it to him LARGE

It all boils down to the fact that at some point very soon we're going to have to start scoring some goals.

Maybe TB could run the sums through his much-vaunted football prediction model.

Then he can decide whether to go for broke on staying in this division by properly investing in proven strikers, or just stick with the parachute payments and hope for another chance at the top table another day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Zero goals from open play in the last 6 games. Will we stay up?

On present form, no.

Yet if Murray had converted his penalty we'd be on 20 points, with a decent chance of being on 23 points at the half-way mark and still without a goal in open play in the last 6 games...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wanted 4 points in this and the Watford game. Thats 1 out of the way and a promising return to some form. Not stressing yet

This. Much better performance today after the 3 match blip. Win against Watford and I’ll be pretty optimistic.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I really don’t care if we get relegated. Based on my experience of Wembley on Wednesday, Old Trafford and Arsenal the premier league is nothing to get excited about. I had much better days out at Burton Albion/ Brentford/ Birmingham etc last year.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Today was the first time I think we will go down. My only hope is that a striker is signed very early in the window. Any faffing around like the summer will leave us doomed i fear

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I really don’t care if we get relegated. Based on my experience of Wembley on Wednesday, Old Trafford and Arsenal the premier league is nothing to get excited about. I had much better days out at Burton Albion/ Brentford/ Birmingham etc last year.

It's all very well saying you don't care if we get relegated - you should care. In the Championship this club loses millions of pounds every year (and not just a few millions either), and that is simply not sustainable in the long term. We can't just expect Uncle Tony to go on forking out £20M or £30M every season - and cutting our budget to League 1 or 2 levels wouldn't financially support the Amex stadium and Lancing.
Relegation, with parachute payments and bouncing back quickly is all very well, but it is a much higher risk than staying in the PL.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yet if Murray had converted his penalty we'd be on 20 points, with a decent chance of being on 23 points at the half-way mark and still without a goal in open play in the last 6 games...

If!!!

But he didn't, and we didn't score AGAIN.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It's all very well saying you don't care if we get relegated - you should care. In the Championship this club loses millions of pounds every year (and not just a few millions either), and that is simply not sustainable in the long term. We can't just expect Uncle Tony to go on forking out £20M or £30M every season - and cutting our budget to League 1 or 2 levels wouldn't financially support the Amex stadium and Lancing.
Relegation, with parachute payments and bouncing back quickly is all very well, but it is a much higher risk than staying in the PL.

Why go and be all sensible and realistic.......

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

What I’m saying is this season does not live up to expectation. Mingling with plastic fans at soulless grounds is not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here