Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Burnley (h)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ryan - won us the point today with his saves.
Bong - I could understand people not being in love with him, but don't understand people hating him. He had quite a few lovely interchanges with teammates, some particularly impressive touches when given the ball unexpectedly and harder than was necessary. Made some good advances. Though also had a couple of errant passes and didn't really threaten when he got into advanced positions. (Which is something that can be said about pretty much everyone).
Dunk, Duffy, - Some solid work. Dunk's long cross field ball was missing it's usual accuracy. I think the biggest disappointment in their game is their lack of goal contribution fro our set pieces.
Bruno - he has a partnership with Knockaert that none of our other players do. They miss each other when either isn't in the team.
Stephens, Propper - Decent, but neither seem to have that creative or killer attacking side to their game.
March - Didn't really use his pace, and when he did get the ball out wide his crosses were poor. Didn't beat the first man, or beat everyone, or went to their keeper.
Knockaert - Unlucky to hit the post. Bit slow to release the ball to teammates at times. Almost typical knockaert.
Gross - We're too reliant on him. We need other teams to step up and give opponents someone else to worry about.
Murray - He is getting to Elvis Manu levels of offside recently - the bardsley goalline clearance came from an offside shot, so it wouldn't have counted if it had gone in. Felt like the penalty kick was quite rushed.

Hemed - Didn't have as much chance to contribute, coming on when Burnley were starting to attack more.
Brown - had a couple of good moments, but followed them up with poor decision making; not releasing the ball soon enough, or taking the wrong pass.
Izquierdo - Not really enough time to do anything.

Ref - Thought he was right not to give the pen when the Burnley defender and Duffy ran into each other and both went down each trying to win something. Thought the penalty was soft, but "you see them given". I don't understand how their keeper can waste so much time (the ref had to urge him on several times) and there be a penalty, yet there still only be one minute of added time in the first half. It felt like he was starting to lose a bit of control in the second half, and it felt like Burnley were the ones to benefit from it.

I would be more upset with the time wasting of Pope, but to be honest, I don't think we're in a position to criticise opposition for time wasting when we have one working ballboy (in the north west corner) who lead to the clock being run down even when we want to be rushing.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
WTF.

Gross ran the first half, was absolutely everywhere, and we were a considerably weaker side when he went off, (an open goal for the Brown-outers (which in turn is another open goal))

Feck knows how you get 'quiet' and 'still missing' from that performance.
Quite.

Gross is not the best player we have ever had, but when is played in the correct position he links our play beautifully and breaks the oppositions well.

First half today he was back to the form of a few weeks back, before CH decided to waste him playing him as a genuine Centre Midfielder in big games. Second he was a bit lost but we were in general, half time came at a terrible time for us and we never got going again

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I , toom wonder why Knockaert takes the free kicks and corners, rather than Gross, who id much more accurate with the dead ball

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I , too, wonder why Knockaert takes the free kicks and corners, rather than Gross, who id much more accurate with the dead ball

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Ryan - 8
Bruno - 6
Bong - 7
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 7
Stephens - 6
Propper 6
Gross - 6
March - 7
Knockaert - 5
Murray - 6

Hemed - 5
Brown - 5
Izquierdo-5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 8 couple of decent saves to keep a clean sheet
Bruno 6.5 Better performance than recent games
Duffy 7 Getting back to his best
Dunk 7 Very Solid
Bong 6.5 Some good moments
Knockaert 6 Very mixed some good but poor crossing and defending.
Stephens 7.5 Showed Burnley why they needed him
Propper 7.5 Backed up DS well to dominate the midfield
March 6 Showed some good touches but not enough of them
Gross 6.5 Good 1st half but seemed to run out of steam in the 2nd.
Murray 6.5 Some good moments but generally dominated by 2 CBs awful penalty.
Subs

Brown 6 His best performance offered pace and energy.
Hemed 5 Offered less than Murray
Izquierdo 5 Not on long but dived when a shot would have been a better option on his best foot on the left of their box.

All round an improved performance but poor result

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 8 couple of decent saves to keep a clean sheet
Bruno 6.5 Better performance than recent games
Duffy 7 Getting back to his best
Dunk 7 Very Solid
Bong 6.5 Some good moments
Knockaert 6 Very mixed some good but poor crossing and defending.
Stephens 7.5 Showed Burnley why they needed him
Propper 7.5 Backed up DS well to dominate the midfield
March 6 Showed some good touches but not enough of them
Murray 6.5 Some good moments but generally dominated by 2 CBs awful penalty.
Subs

Hemed 5 Offered less than Murray
Izquierdo 5 Not on long but dived when a shot would have been a better option on his best foot on the left of their box.

OMG I almost agree with all of this, shoot me now [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Brown’s best work was against Liverpool, not today.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Whilst it’s easy to knock Solly, I can’t help noticing that our best half at home since West Brom featured him providing a threat down the left with Knockaert on the other flank (as indeed it did then too).
He has pace and creates space -which Gross is fantastic as getting into and exploiting.

Sounds obvious but football’s a team game. Not just about individual performances but how well they link with each other and complement games. We look much more coherent with Solly on the pitch. Just a shame we couldn’t convert as we should.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 7.5 couple of decent saves to keep a clean sheet
Bruno 8 Thought he had an really good game though not enough output
Duffy 7 Getting back to his best absolutely stupid handball
Dunk 8 our best by a mile, made one mistake but does so much. I guess his booking was bad language!!
Bong 6.5 Some good moments and some bad ones
Knockaert 7 Very mixed some good work but poor crossing and decision making. His defending is good but please drop the petulance e.g. ball played behind him so sulks and does not chase back
Stephens 7 ok
Propper 7 ok but needs to sjhow why we paid 12 million for him
March 6 Showed some good touches but not enough of them seems to have little confidence in his own finishing
Murray 5 Wrong choice and that penalty , slip or no slip it was bad and cost 2 points

Hemed 5 No service to him
Izquierdo 5 Not on long enough

manager 5 - really seems to be loosing the plot ( or perhaps is a f*cking genius)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whilst it’s easy to knock Solly, I can’t help noticing that our best half at home since West Brom featured him providing a threat down the left with Knockaert on the other flank (as indeed it did then too).
He has pace and creates space -which Gross is fantastic as getting into and exploiting.

Sounds obvious but football’s a team game. Not just about individual performances but how well they link with each other and complement games. We look much more coherent with Solly on the pitch. Just a shame we couldn’t convert as we should.

Thought the opposite with Solly today and found him very frustrating. He looked very one dimensional and Burnley had him worked out as he ALWAYS turns onto his left foot.

Final ball lacking again and some painfully wayward shots from distance.

There is a great player in there and we see it in flashes but he has to improve his decision making and crossing to establish himself at this level.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Better performance all round but as a team our off the ball movement is slow, ponderous or even non existent at times.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought the opposite with Solly today and found him very frustrating. He looked very one dimensional and Burnley had him worked out as he ALWAYS turns onto his left foot.

Final ball lacking again and some painfully wayward shots from distance.

There is a great player in there and we see it in flashes but he has to improve his decision making and crossing to establish himself at this level.

Someone maybe agrees with you......

2f5e02aef2eb35e77a599e0db11fe1aa.jpg

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Sitting near home dugout today - the player that CH shouted the most instructions to was SM

CH was quite vocal at times today by his usual understated standards

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
At least 7's for everyone. We dominated possession and won back the 2nd ball almost every time. The best performance I have seen from the players in a while, possibly since West Ham

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
At least 7's for everyone. We dominated possession and won back the 2nd ball almost every time. The best performance I have seen from the players in a while, possibly since West Ham
Those kind of sensible level headed comments will not be well received on here tonight 😂
But we’ll said sir! 👍

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan - 8 - excellent keep us in the game, sponcers got it correct for once MOM
Bruno - 7.5 age 37 really
Bong - 6- well played
Duffy - 7 - not happy with the booking if deliberate to ensure the Chelsea game and putting the Watford game in jeopardy then club need to act
Dunk - 7.5- very good really looks England good
Stephens - 6 - Much improved upon resent games
Propper - 7.5- looked the part today
Gross - 6- like to see him a little closer to GM or TH
March - 6 - was booked could have been sent off thought he was going to be subbed
Knockaert - 6.5- still not to best but supprised he was subbed
Murray - 6.5- Did his standing foot slip as he took the penalty?

Hemed - 6 - not on long enough
Brown - 5 - No idea what he brought to improve things
Izquierdo- 5- while warming up for an age he and Kyal had an endless conversation body language suggested two naughty boys talking out of school out of ear shot of teachers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here