Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Commuter "Christmas Parties" on Trains

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
There was one on my 630 am yesterday morning.

Little cliques of people wearing silly hats, eating sausage rolls and talking very loudly. At that time in the morning, I have no interest in listening to these " in groups" babbling shit at each other. I just want to read the news and listen to music. And I certainly don't want to enter into a conversation with anyone.

Ban them.

Humbug.

That is all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking for the positives:

First: at least the train was running :thumbsup:

Second: the commute is that same drudge every morning, isn't it nice that some people decided to bring some fun and friviloty for a change?

Third: A party! what a great way to start any day surely..

No? - ok humbug then :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Surely if you're a commuting, PAYE drone then anything that changes the monotony must be a positive, however annoying. Unless you're so matrixed that you've forgotten how to deal with real life of course.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
The 6.06 from London Bridge used to be good for a drink and a smoke years ago. The guard would check tickets straight away so we could smoke after he’d gone. On one occasion they tried to cancel the train at Gatwick so they could keep their time percentages up to scratch but us merry band in the Buffett car refused to get off and the train had to carry on. True story.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Must have been Tories , although I don't know what they have got to celebrate . If they had been Labour they would have been singing the red flag and reading excerpts from the Jeremy Corbyn annual

If they had been Labour they would have sat on the floor pretending the trains full(lies) whilst the duty camera man films one of the melts whining!!!!! Oh and Lord Basfoon would have been with them even though he didn’t have to catch the train what with his London pad!

They used to pop up regularly when I was bell ringing, the evening ones usually involved a few bottles of bubbly, lights and tinsel attached to the luggage rack and on one occasion a bucket of sick left on a table.

Joyful

Former guard/conductor perchance?

D

Deleted member 22389

Must have been Tories , although I don't know what they have got to celebrate . If they had been Labour they would have been singing the red flag and reading excerpts from the Jeremy Corbyn annual

Can you not give it a rest for one second.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
When I used to commute between T Wells and Charing X many years ago the last commute home before Christmas was one of the highlights of the year, great fun, and then straight to the pub, those were the Christmases I remember fondly.

Sex party?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There are a number of people on this board whobused to have an xmas party on the 17:32 lb to lhmptn. Some great drunken adventures were had. @papalazarou @publius ovidus @e77

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Anyone remember Chelsea's Headhunters drinking in the buffet car from Lewes to London Victoria?

Endless chanting of "One man went to mow" and "We are the famous CFC". It would be a brave person to tell them to put a f*ck*ng sock in it!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think it is too bad given that it only happens once a year - far more things to worry about which happen daily on the trains (if running) !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here