Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Notifications

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is what happens when everything becomes way to busy and to many bolt ons and adverts are all vying for the same database space. Something eventually gives.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is what happens when everything becomes way to busy and to many bolt ons and adverts are all vying for the same database space. Something eventually gives.

As I’ve told you before, adverts do not take any of NSC’s resources at all - CPU, memory and DB. Ads are a direct connection between the ad server and the end user’s browser.

I’m getting bored of your repeated I’ll-educated sniping. If you must carry on, please do it directly to me and don’t inflict it upon everyone else.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As I’ve told you before, adverts do not take any of NSC’s resources at all - CPU, memory and DB. Ads are a direct connection between the ad server and the end user’s browser.

I’m getting bored of your repeated I’ll-educated sniping. If you must carry on, please do it directly to me and don’t inflict it upon everyone else.

Funnily enough I didn't get a notification of that. Oh and apologies for having an opinion on your board. I shall endeavour not to do so in future.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Funnily enough I didn't get a notification of that.

Still not getting notifications when someone replies (I'm on Internet Explorer).

I'm not sure which part of "notifications being turned off" that people are not understanding! The notifications plugin reached the point where it was struggling to deal with NSC's size and scale. I have a few options to deal with it, and I'll look at them over the next few days with the expectation that I will turn them back on and NSC won't suffer the DB issues that the plugin was causing recently.

Oh and apologies for having an opinion on your board. I shall endeavour not to do so in future.

You can have all the opinions you want.

Please stop stating as fact that any issues with NSC are to do with adverts on the site. They are not. Ad code sits on other servers and the connection is directly between those ad servers and the end user. It does not touch NSC site code nor the rather large database that sits behind NSC.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure which part of "notifications being turned off" that people are not understanding! The notifications plugin reached the point where it was struggling to deal with NSC's size and scale. I have a few options to deal with it, and I'll look at them over the next few days with the expectation that I will turn them back on and NSC won't suffer the DB issues that the plugin was causing recently.

The part of "notifications being turned off" that I didn't understand was the part of it that I hadn't seen - i.e. all of it! Apologies for missing it (I looked through this thread for a Bozza post on the subject, but didn't find one - I didn't spot Amex Ruislip's quote). However, now that I've read this last post of yours I do understand - so no complaints or criticisms intended from me. I hope you can find a way to get it back, but if you can't, you won't hear a squeak from me.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Oh-Hell-Yeah.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here