Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s your favourite ever Brighton defeat

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have really fond memories of our 1-0 defeat to Burnley in 2011, the Craig Pawson game with the two reds. A great atmosphere at the Amex and a wonderful performance from CMS. I left the ground feeling a bit like we’d won, despite us getting nothing.

Can you think of any other defeats that you rather enjoyed?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't say I enjoyed it but I felt a lot of pride (along with the inevitable frustration) after the FA cup defeat at White Hart Lane in 2005. I live in the heart of Tottenham's fanbase and there was universal praise for our performance ,and not in a patronising way; we gave them a real fright.

D

Deleted User X18H

1983 FA Cup Final Replay.

That memory held until Monday 17th April 2017, when Albion rose like a released Lebanese hostage and came out of a pronlonged often dark period.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I enjoyed the 6-1 at Liverpool. Four own goals including a classic from Dunk and a great free kick from Kazenga to make it 1-1. When he scored I was trying to stay quiet in the Liverpool end - and then 4 Brighton supporters went up right behind me. I didn’t even know they were there!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Everton 4 Brighton 3 December 1980

Only about 32 of us on the terrace given the violence from the trip the season before. A thrilling game with some great goals and a typical Albion performance of promising much and just falling short.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Proper hate losing
However remember not giving a toss when Sheff Wed done us 0-4 at the Goldstone back in 1990
Happy singing was constant throughout the game and also strangely after the game in the North Stand for a good 15 minutes odd
Can't remember why so many stayed in the ground afters

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think Old Trafford a few weeks ago is as good as any I can think of.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For sheer GALLOWS humour, probably the 5-1 defeat to Stoke at Withdean at the end of the 2005-06 season. The Albion players were clearly already on the beach and didn't give a shit. So in the end neither did H Block. We were singing Rooney! Rooney! when the Stoke lad got his hat-trick, we berated the linesman for a Stoke disallowed goal (we were chanting We Want Six! at the time). Icing on the cake was when Doug Loft came on as a late sub, scored with a pitiful daisy-cutter and promptly got awarded Man Of The Match. My how we chuckled :lol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Proper hate losing
However remember not giving a toss when Sheff Wed done us 0-4 at the Goldstone back in 1990
Happy singing was constant throughout the game and also strangely after the game in the North Stand for a good 15 minutes odd
Can't remember why so many stayed in the ground afters

I think that was the game eubank came on to the pitch at half time and shadowboxed to the north . That was epic

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Brentford 4 Brighton 0
Memory is failing me a little on precisely when this was. Pretty sure it was live on ITV Digital midweek, I thought it was sometime in late 90s but an internet search shows we lost 4-0 to them away twice - in 2002 and 2003 so it must have been one of those.

Stand-out memory is us singing "4-3, we're going to win 4-3" changing to "5-4, we're going to win 5-4" without missing a beat when they scored their fourth.
What could have been a really grim night ended up being great fun thanks to the p***-taking gallows humour of Brighton fans.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The game when, as soon as we kicked off, Bellotti tried to take his seat in the directors’ box, thinking it might be less
noticeable then.

Cue a dozen fans sprinting across from the North, and Bellotti sharply disappearing back where he’d come from, having lasted a matter of mere seconds.

(To be honest I can’t remember who this was against, or even whether we lost and this game therefore qualifies for the thread, but - hey, we probably did - so let’s say it does!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here