Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Everton 4 Brighton 3 December 1980

Only about 32 of us on the terrace given the violence from the trip the season before. A thrilling game with some great goals and a typical Albion performance of promising much and just falling short.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      0-5 v Notts county at the goldstone. Fabulous night.......

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhawoddy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      0-5 v Notts county at the goldstone. Fabulous night.......
      Was that the semi final of the freight rover trophy?!
      Its not how big the dog is in the fight,its how big the fight is in the dog.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Proper hate losing
      However remember not giving a toss when Sheff Wed done us 0-4 at the Goldstone back in 1990
      Happy singing was constant throughout the game and also strangely after the game in the North Stand for a good 15 minutes odd
      Can't remember why so many stayed in the ground afters

3 Not allowed!
      I think Old Trafford a few weeks ago is as good as any I can think of.
      Its not how big the dog is in the fight,its how big the fight is in the dog.
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      For sheer GALLOWS humour, probably the 5-1 defeat to Stoke at Withdean at the end of the 2005-06 season. The Albion players were clearly already on the beach and didn't give a shit. So in the end neither did H Block. We were singing Rooney! Rooney! when the Stoke lad got his hat-trick, we berated the linesman for a Stoke disallowed goal (we were chanting We Want Six! at the time). Icing on the cake was when Doug Loft came on as a late sub, scored with a pitiful daisy-cutter and promptly got awarded Man Of The Match. My how we chuckled
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brownstuff View Post
      Proper hate losing
      However remember not giving a toss when Sheff Wed done us 0-4 at the Goldstone back in 1990
      Happy singing was constant throughout the game and also strangely after the game in the North Stand for a good 15 minutes odd
      Can't remember why so many stayed in the ground afters
      I think that was the game eubank came on to the pitch at half time and shadowboxed to the north . That was epic
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BRIGHT ON Q View Post
      Was that the semi final of the freight rover trophy?!
      Yh I think it was. Remember it was a cup game of some kjnd
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Brentford 4 Brighton 0
      Memory is failing me a little on precisely when this was. Pretty sure it was live on ITV Digital midweek, I thought it was sometime in late 90s but an internet search shows we lost 4-0 to them away twice - in 2002 and 2003 so it must have been one of those.

Stand-out memory is us singing "4-3, we're going to win 4-3" changing to "5-4, we're going to win 5-4" without missing a beat when they scored their fourth.
      What could have been a really grim night ended up being great fun thanks to the p***-taking gallows humour of Brighton fans.
      That's the number for Albion information. Every day, 24 hours a day.

4 Not allowed!
      The game when, as soon as we kicked off, Bellotti tried to take his seat in the directors’ box, thinking it might be less
      noticeable then.

Cue a dozen fans sprinting across from the North, and Bellotti sharply disappearing back where he’d come from, having lasted a matter of mere seconds.

(To be honest I can’t remember who this was against, or even whether we lost and this game therefore qualifies for the thread, but - hey, we probably did - so let’s say it does!)
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.