Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is casual racism towards the Irish, Scots and Welsh still acceptable?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Could it be that the English have become less insular in the last 30 years and realised that the stereotypes of other nationalities they've used to gain a sense of superiority are generally wrong? Anyway here's a joke for you:

Q: Why don't the English suffer from piles?
A: Because when God made the English he created perfect a*seholes

what about the stereotypying of english people who WISH they were irish

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The last time I looked the vast majority of Scots, Irish, Welsh and English folk were Caucasians, so I'm not entirely certain where the racism comes in...

Yes you'd think so wouldn't you, but apparently a white Scotsman and Black Scotsman are now the same race.

And if you cross the river Severn a totally different race of people live there too. :lol:

Go figure...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I've never understood that. Like a gold medal winner pining for a silver.
[emoji6]

With a certain referendum result, the condition has become more common.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The last time I looked the vast majority of Scots, Irish, Welsh and English folk were Caucasians, so I'm not entirely certain where the racism comes in...

If you want to be picky, there is only one living race of Humans, but we come in different colours, sizes and two sexes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Crikey that is a narrow view of history; subsidisation has only been required since England's post colonial phase of history. The resources of Scotland/Wales/Ireland were relentlessly exploited to build that empire, for e,g, coal from Wales, ships from Scotland and linen and horses from Ireland. And of course manpower for the armies and colonists for the seized territories.
Au contraire, it's a completely balanced view, unlike your attempt to portray history as a victim statement. England (and the rest of the world) bought coal from Wales, bought ships from Scotland, bought linen and horses from Ireland. And Great Britain (not England) gave people paid employment as soldiers. And yes, a lot of Scots (and Irish and Welsh) took the opportunities to better their lives overseas - and why not? Good luck to them.
And talking of history, for all of our lifetimes, and probably longer, the smaller nations in the UK have received substantial net subsidies.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
An Englishman, an Scotsman and a Irishman walk into a pub....barman says, " is this some sort of joke?"

I'll get my klu klux clan poncho

kjgood

kjgood

Crikey that is a narrow view of history; subsidisation has only been required since England's post colonial phase of history. The resources of Scotland/Wales/Ireland were relentlessly exploited to build that empire, for e,g, coal from Wales, ships from Scotland and linen and horses from Ireland. And of course manpower for the armies and colonists for the seized territories.

Chip and Shoulder are two words that come to mind after reading this.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Chip and Shoulder are two words that come to mind after reading this.

Chip on shoulder definition: "to blame other people for something bad that has happened to you and continue to feel angry about it". Being England's neighbours has resulted in a lot of bad stuff happening to them so perhaps you are right.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here