Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Google Chromecast.....is it any good?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Anybody use this and if so, is it any good?
Will be using it purely for streaming sites like flixanity from iPad to the TV!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yep - I use it a lot from 'official' apps like YouTube, BBC, All 4 etc, not sure if you'll be able to successfully cast from a less 'legitimate' source.

BTW, Chromecast Audio is magnificent (again with the caveat that it requires a legit source), so much superior to anything else I've tried for single/multi room streaming.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Another vote for excellent! Works well casting from Google Home, turns tv on and plays whatever requested from Youtube, Spotify, Netflix etc.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Had one for years. It's perfection. You can stream everything (one way or another) except SKY. I am a very heavy user of all manner of moody content with ease. Can't go wrong!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yep use mine all the time. Works nicely with Now TV app to watch footie.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm a tech Luddite but I use Chromecast and it's very good.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Had one for years. It's perfection. You can stream everything (one way or another) except SKY. I am a very heavy user of all manner of moody content with ease. Can't go wrong!

I use mine to stream Sky from a PC. You obviously need to use Internet Explorer still for Sky Go but if you also run Chrome, you can select to cast your entire desktop and then just make Sky Go full screen - works perfectly! This is the main reason I got it...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Been thinking about buying one of these myself, how does it connect from phone/tablet to chromecast to tv? Is it usb/bluetooth/ or what? Sorry for my ignorance :lolol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Been thinking about buying one of these myself, how does it connect from phone/tablet to chromecast to tv? Is it usb/bluetooth/ or what? Sorry for my ignorance :lolol:

The device plugs into a HDMI port on your telly. You get the content to it from phone, computer, tablet, etc, via WiFi..

Using Google Home from Android phone and tablet. (The latter is an Amazon Fire tablet, and I had to sideload the Google Play store, etc. to get Google Home going on it.)
Using Chrome browser from computer. Works a treat. Wife's watching Netflix via Chrome right now...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here