Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Best pub in Sussex.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm a big fan of The Buckingham in Shoreham. Really good landlord and great back garden. Proper old pub with friendly regulars.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
OT there was a great pub in Worcester, largely a bikers pub but us youngsters back then welcome too, Sundays consisted of us all meeting there having a couple then off to a local park for a game of rounders against the hairy bikers and a keg of home made cider donated by the landlord, happy local days

Was that the Cider House, to the north of the city by the river? Someone I used to know got very badly beaten up by your 'friendly' bikers who used to drink there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Too many to mention, but in Brighton the Great Eastern, Trafalgar, Evening Star, Prince Albert, Heart in Hand. In Lewes, the Lansdowne, Gardners, and Snowdrop. Elsewhere, the Half Moon in Plumpton, the Ram in Firle, Cricketers in Berwick, the Rose and Crown and the Griffin in Fletching, the First In, Last Out in Hastings, the White Horse in Dirchling, the Juggs... Sussex really is a great county for pubs!

Used to really like the Trevor Arms in Glynde too. Now sadly closed.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What is the 5 Bells in Chailey like these days, if still open, we used to stop off there in both directions from T Wells to The Goldstone, it was really good in those days when run by ex wrestler Joe Cornelius.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
My 5 favourite pubs in Sussex; in no particular order:-

New Inn - Hadlow Down
Gardeners Arms - Lewes
Cricketers - Berwick
Lord Nelson - Trafalgar Street, Brighton
Lewes Arms - Lewes

Last edited:

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Meet a few mates once a month in the White Horse in Pulborough. Lovely little pub, everyone gets treated like a regular, great ales, delicious food. Has leather handles hanging from the beams above the customer side of the bar, ya know, for when you need steadying... Wish I lived closer to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here