Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Best pub in Sussex.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Was just wondering what the good folk of NSC thoughts were on the best pub is Sussex
When I mean best, I mean,
Atmosphere, friendliness, choice of beer, character, value, food , etc .
Well ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think the title should have been your favourite as best is an opinion that others may not agree with as an example many rave about The Evening Star but I personally think it is the pits.

You've lost me with your opening statement?

I'll wager the Blackboys Inn, near Framfield.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think the title should have been your favourite as best is an opinion that others may not agree with as an example many rave about The Evening Star but I personally think it is the pits.

I'm not a fan either. Always smells of old man's farts whenever I've been in there.

The Tiger Inn at East Dean has always been a happy experience and can't be beaten for decor or location, likewise The Bull in Ditchling is everything you want a village pub to be. The Corner House Pub in Worthing has a great atmosphere and would also be in my list. My favourite Brighton pubs are all in the town centre: The Wellington, The Battle of Trafalgar and the Heart in Hand. (The Welly and Battle are rock solid Albion pubs, the HiH has a jukebox. It's also unchanged in about 30 years). The Setting Sun has the best views but can get a bit cliquey, something the Welly, Battle and HiH are refreshingly free from.

Last edited:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I'm not a fan either. Always smells of old man's farts whenever I've been in there.

The Tiger Inn at East Dean has always been a happy experience and can't be beaten for decor or location, likewise The Bull in Ditchling is everything you want a village pub to be. The Corner House Pub in Worthing has a great atmosphere and would also be in my list. My favourite Brighton pubs are all in the town centre: The Wellington, The Battle of Trafalgar and the Heart in Hand. (The Welly and Battle are also rock solid Albion pubs, the HiH has a jukebox. It's also unchanged in about 30 years). The Setting Sun has the best views but can get a bit cliquey, something the Welly, Battle and HiH are refreshingly free from.
The landlord in the Welly is top drawer.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also some pubs are good for one thing but rubbish for others. You might want to go watch football, other times you might want a heavy Friday night drinking session, or you might go for Sunday lunch with the family. Think I'd chose a different pub for each of those.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
The George and Dragon at Hougton, the Old Oak Inn, near Abbots Wood, the Fountain at Ashurst, the Juggs at Kingston, the Cricketers at Berwick, to name a few. To

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here