Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have a problem with this rule for your child?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A quick google and the same question has been asked on here, the Netweather forum by Miss Jac, The Everton site Toffeetalk by Miss Toffeejac, on Skybluestalk by Miss Skyblueteacher , on the British comedy forum by Lauren Smith, on the Toontastic forum by Miss Maggie, on the Petforum by Miss Lauren, on ArsenalMania by Miss Gooner, on the QPR forum by Miss QPR, on Stoke's Oatcake forum by Potterteach and on the socialanxietysupport forum once again by Miss Jac. I'm sure there are loads more.

What to conclude? That a lot of female year 2 teachers are wrestling with their conscience about their refusal to let pupils pee during class time and the opinions of football fans on this matter are extremely important. Stand-up comedians, weather geeks and worriers not so much.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hi, I teach year 2 and don't allow children to visit the toilet in lesson time. Would you have a problem with this rule for your child?

Can you play left back?

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
A complete joke my boy came home in his P E bottoms a year ago because he was not allowed to use the toilet.i was fuming basic human rights.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Hi, I teach year 2 and don't allow children to visit the toilet in lesson time. Would you have a problem with this rule for your child?

How long is a lesson? & even so - yes i probably would. For my eldest currently in year 3, as long as he had fair warning of the rules he'd be fine, but my youngest in year 1 would likely piss himself if he couldn't go when needed - & I'd be really ****ed off with you - especially as although not diagnosed (& i wouldn't want him to be) he's clearly on some spectrum & needs reassurance & support to get him through the day successfully

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A quick google and the same question has been asked on here, the Netweather forum by Miss Jac, The Everton site Toffeetalk by Miss Toffeejac, on Skybluestalk by Miss Skyblueteacher , on the British comedy forum by Lauren Smith, on the Toontastic forum by Miss Maggie, on the Petforum by Miss Lauren, on ArsenalMania by Miss Gooner, on the QPR forum by Miss QPR, on Stoke's Oatcake forum by Potterteach and on the socialanxietysupport forum once again by Miss Jac. I'm sure there are loads more.

What to conclude? That a lot of female year 2 teachers are wrestling with their conscience about their refusal to let pupils pee during class time and the opinions of football fans on this matter are extremely important. Stand-up comedians, weather geeks and worriers not so much.

very bizarre and odd behaviour

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
They should be forced to crap in the corner, it’s their own fault for not going at break time.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

As long as you dont make them piss themselves in front of the whole class. Having witnessed this as a child from someone in my class you might not want to have this happen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I teach across primary and take the number of students asking to go to the toilet as a barometer of how good my lessons are. If my lessons are interesting i get very few toilet requests, if they are not then I get lots.

As a parent of children who have sensory issues i would have a problem with this rule as going to the toilet is a much needed break from the classroom for my children. As a teacher i know that certain students also benefit from this break and come back from the toilet better ready to learn.

How do you expect the children to concentrate on their lessons when they need to go to the toilet?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Problem with the rule? I'd have a problem with the teacher - and I'd make sure he/she had a problem with me!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, and if i had to take time out to come to the school with fresh clothes for my child because of your draconian rules you Miss Hove would get billed for my time and cleaning expenses. Stop being such a prick you get paid to teach not dictate you f'cking moron.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
About as sensible a rule as the one the head of the school in Patcham this past week tried to impose on the wearing of coats other than thirty quid school-branded coats to school. In temperatures close to zero. Non-school-branded coats were confiscated and had to be collected by the parents. What a cock.

Try to impose your idiotic rule on the kids in your charge and you'll undoubtedly find yourself on the wrong side of parent power/common sense and possibly end up top story in The Argus. Plus the cleaners should make you do the mopping up. Only way you'll learn.

And boy did McKee get a kicking over that rule. My eldest son goes to Patcham and didn't want the coat - not that I was going to buy him it anyway ! So instead he was sneaking in a hoodie for break times. If McKee had confiscated it I would have had to pick it up at the end of the school day. That's OK though as McKee would have being pick his office door off the floor at the same time ! I'm hoping this episode has stopped the planned rollout of school branded school bags.

As for the OP's question - urinating is a basic human function and to deny any child, let alone Year 2 children, that function when they need it is nothing short of cruelty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here