Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you have a problem with this rule for your child?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
What a stupid first post and clearly a troll

In the unlikely event you arent then you arent fit to be a teacher if you would rather see a young kid suffer the humiliaton of discomfort, pissing or sh!tting themselves in front of their friends. Shame on you. The parents are in charge of toilet training not you. Its a right not a privilege now jog on

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the unlikely event you arent then you arent fit to be a teacher if you would rather see a young kid suffer the humiliaton of discomfort, pissing or sh!tting themselves in front of their friends. Shame on you. The parents are in charge of toilet training not you. Its a right not a privilege now jog on

Adult equivalent would be not allowing airplane passengers to use the toilet on a short haul flight. That would end equally well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can offer a serious reply. Mrs V teaches Year One at her school and unless it is a genuine " emergency " none of them are allowed to leave for the toilet during lesson time. Reason being that if one can get out of class others will try it on too.

Agree, odd first post.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I can offer a serious reply. Mrs V teaches Year One at her school and unless it is a genuine " emergency " none of them are allowed to leave for the toilet during lesson time. Reason being that if one can get out of class others will try it on too.

Agree, odd first post.

How does your missus judge this - genuine question

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Agree, odd first post.

My reply was serious too. If the kids abuse it for a skive at that age then a discrete word with the parents is all that is required

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That makes no sense at all. What on earth does the pupil have to do to be classified as 'a genuine emergency'? Burst into tears and plead for clemency? ???

Try and impose the adult equivalent on, say, the North Stand for the first 30 minutes of a game.

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How does your missus judge this - genuine question

Well it comes down to knowing the kids and their individual " foibles " as it were. She will always aske them to hang on til the end of the lesson and most of them do.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My reply was serious too. If the kids abuse it for a skive at that age then a discrete word with the parents is all that is required

Wasn't dissing your post Maffew.

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Some of us were only allowed to drink half our bottle of milk in the morning. :blush:

The rest of the bottle sat in a sink of cold water, as there were no fridges. It was often left so long, it separated into curds and whey (the teacher made that part of the lesson).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Weird. Someone posted a very similar thread on another forum I use a few months ago. I mean I suppose signing up for football based forums and talking about kids urinating is a hobby, but it's a very weird one.

http://www.footballforums.net/threads/to-think-kids-speak-to-teachers-to-terribly.267596/

I too thought this sounded familiar....

A Miss Lauren was talking about similar subjects over here .... https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/teachers-should-be-respected-more-by-kids.18797126/

lauren.png

D

Deleted User X18H

Has NSC descended into Mumsnet again?

NSC is more Mumsnet than Mumsnet could ever aspire to.

This place is full old women cackling and arguing over the top of a washing line , in some dingy back yard.

Yes I include myself in that critique- and don’t we all love it?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well it comes down to knowing the kids and their individual " foibles " as it were. She will always aske them to hang on til the end of the lesson and most of them do.

My daughter has just told me you learn quickly which ones are trying it on. She teaches year 2.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Year 2 could still be quite young and with an increasing number of kids arriving at schools without being toilet trained

I'm intrigued; is that the case? How can a school age kid not be toilet trained?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here