Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many players do we need to get in the January transfer window?

How many players do we need to get in the January transfer window?

• 0 - we're just perfect as we are

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 12 5.0%

Votes: 53 22.1%

Votes: 119 49.6%

Votes: 38 15.8%

Votes: 10 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’d say as long as we bring in Messi, De Bruyne, Casemiro, Alex Sandro and Sanchez, we should be fine.

So what’s that, 5? Maybe add in De Gea as well. He’s a bit taller than Ryan and I like that about him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
......The problem is ,that every club has the same shopping list,give or take ! I put in for 3.....but i am not holding my breath !!!

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven

A striker who can run and has a bit about him as a presence, and can score goals - a ridiculous state of affairs going into our first PL season with 34 year old Murray, Hemed and an injured Baldock.

A midfielder like Wilshere of Arsenal, shame he has suddenly got back into favour there.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
3 required minimum.

1. Striker obviously. Very tricky business in my opinion as what we desperately need is someone who can hit the ground running, and that will be a big ask if we look to import from abroad as expected. As we have seen with the foreign signings in the summer they take time to adjust - and by January I fear time will be a luxury will not have. Proven Premier League scorers are rare as rocking horse shit and come at a huge premium. However if we were to take the gamble and get one in it would pay out massively if we were to stay up.

2. A utility defender who can ideally do a good job across the back four.

3. A reliable central midfielder able to challenge/cover Stephens and/or Propper. If he could play in a number 10 would also be a bonus.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
3 Dembele, Andone and a strong defensive midfielder, who can tackle without fouling and hopefully pass to players wearing the same shirt as himself.

Both full back positions need looking at too but that can wait til next summer.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Assuming Baldock has kidnapped by aliens 2 strikers and 1 attacking central midfielder all with pace and no loans.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Having seen us in action more than any other year (thanks NBCSN), our back line and CMs are solid. Competition in these spots would help, but isn’t necessary.

It’s the attacking 4 which are an issue. Not one of AK, March, Jose, gross or Murray have impressed greatly this year. Yes, Gross has scored and assisted, but his speed is so slow it’s almost unbearable to watch. Our wingers don’t beat men anymore, which means our play has to adapt. I’d be looking at 2 strikers (back to the old days *read last year* of two high and two wide).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'll get in a striker and Andreas Granqvist so Connor can go out on loan.

Then the window will slam shut.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How many do we need for what, staying up or to finish top half etc? One for the former, at least three for the latter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally we have some clickbait action...

...Aleandro Rosi, a right back :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here