Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many players do we need to get in the January transfer window?

How many players do we need to get in the January transfer window?

• 0 - we're just perfect as we are

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 12 5.0%

Votes: 53 22.1%

Votes: 119 49.6%

Votes: 38 15.8%

Votes: 10 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Four quality players minimum. Two decent strikers. Aggressive midfielder. Quality full back. Anything less and I think we’re toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two required - Dwamena and Neto. Will we survive? Will THEY survive?

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Griezmann may be available in January. He looked useful in the pre-season. I'm sure he enjoyed playing at the Amex. What's not to like. Go get him Tony, reckon the shirt sales alone will pay for 1 week of his salary

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
At least 1 if not 2, youngish quick hungry(for goals/success not food) forwards who can stay on their feet when defenders challenge them, a midfielder that's got the energy to get into the box to support the lone striker when/if crosses go in, possibly another midfielder who can break up play and pass the ball to a team mate on a regular basis and a left back that's good enough at this level for us all to agree on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, but as much as l like him, l think Siddy is yesterdays man. Hasn't played in the Premier League for a very long time, and hasn't featured at all this season due to injury, hence to my mind at least, he needs replacing.

But not in January. He will be gone in the summer, so why waste wages when he can contribute for a few months.

A striker and attacking midfielder please. We are defending well, but need to score goals.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But not in January. He will be gone in the summer, so why waste wages when he can contribute for a few months.

A striker and attacking midfielder please. We are defending well, but need to score goals.

He isn't contributing though, that's the problem. Still some way off fitness from what l'm told, and is he still good enough anyway? I take your point though, it's goals that we need first and foremost, so a sriker(s) has to be what we need the most.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
It depends...

1 - Striker to replace Skalak in the 25.

2 - Midfielder to replace Murphy in the 25.

3 - U21 Striker (Dembele) if we are lucky.

4 - Central defender IF DUNK GOES.

5 - Central defender if Goldson goes on loan.

( Remembering Home Grown Player requirements. )

Don’t know if Skalak and Murphy are on their way out anyway?

If not, I’d like to give both of them a run out ASAP.

They both have their moments and our current “best” options are not exactly tearing up the opposition!

To answer the OP, I’d agree with the obvious need for a pacey striker or two.

Personally, I still think Kayal might fit the bill as an attacking midfielder when fully fit and on form? People seem to have forgotten he was our player of the season only a couple of years ago....

It’s fantasy to think we’re likely to get an established PL striker, however, unless it’s a loanee out of favour or surplus to requirements. Best bet is our usual route abroad and hope they step up pdq!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
2x strikers (one buy & one loan or U21)

1x centre midfield

1x full back (not because of numbers, but we just need some real quality there)

But that's probably a bit wishful.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
2 strikers, a right-back and an attacking midfielder.

Obviously any other positions should we lose anyone in the window too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've chosen 2 - striker and centre back - based on the possibility that we might have bids for Dunk

I personally don’t think anyone will come in for Dunk.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Classic bimodal distribution with, albeit fortunately for the sanity of the rest of us, only a small number in the secondary BETWETTER population.

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here