beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
another week, another crypto bloodbath :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The crash was likely to happen once those who had already made money started encouraging the mug shoe shiners.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The crash was likely to happen once those who had already made money started encouraging the mug shoe shiners.

There have been crashes all throughout Bitcoins history. 2014 is an exact mirror of 2018 trends and fully expect a similar rise to follow next year. Blockchain is still in its infancy but is 100% going to be a huge part of societies future and will replace existing internet technology.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
HTTP will be replaced.
not by any blockchain. its an inefficient way to do what HTTP does. too many cryptos have hyperbolic claims, though there are some interesting technologies, most of them are simply rehashes of previous projects grabbing our money. hopefully we pick ones that get hyped up and buy our Lambos before the party ends.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
not by any blockchain. its an inefficient way to do what HTTP does. too many cryptos have hyperbolic claims, though there are some interesting technologies, most of them are simply rehashes of previous projects grabbing our money. hopefully we pick ones that get hyped up and buy our Lambos before the party ends.

Is there any truth in that block chains are so expensive to run, requiring huge amounts of energy that this lack of sustainability could ultimately be its downfall?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Is there any truth in that block chains are so expensive to run, requiring huge amounts of energy that this lack of sustainability could ultimately be its downfall?

absolutly true, Bitcoin uses as more power than most countries execept the larger, developed ones. then there are all the other though most use more efficent, less power hungry methods or not large enough. will probably be the largest user of power in the world by middle of century if it continues.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Haha. That's like saying that computers would never be that useful in the early 80s when looking at an original Amstrad. We are at the very beginning of the start of the blockchain journey. There are already blockchain technologies 1000's of times faster and more efficient than Bitcoin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Haha. That's like saying that computers would never be that useful in the early 80s when looking at an original Amstrad. We are at the very beginning of the start of the blockchain journey. There are already blockchain technologies 1000's of times faster and more efficient than Bitcoin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

its not about being at the begining or being faster, its just not a valid solution. HTTP is for communication to data source, blockchain is for storaging of data. you might use a blockchain to hold a website (inefficently) or more likely apply authentication or track usage. you wouldnt use it to find and link to systems holding the data.

there a lot of claims about fast blockchain technology, often where speed isnt an issue, because people got obsessed with the poor throughput of Bitcoin compared to existing payment systems, so a high TPS became big seller. hashgraphs, side chains, sharding, make speed contests redundant. the likes of Credits and Sparkster (snigger) dont do anything with their faster TPS, and you can beat them with a centralised data center solution.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Time to get back on!? :shrug:

Joking aside, is a Blockchain.com wallet the best way to start having a dabble?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

yes and sign up at least for the free XLM.

get a Coinbase account for depositing hard cash. (i should maybe get an affliate link?) strapon ready for the lambo moon etc.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015

Pretty new myself and I deposited cash into Coinbase bought 1BTC and then transferred 0.25BTC to Binance to buy up some Alts........plan is to hopefully once an Alt has doubled(or near) in price from entry sell half so in for free and use funds to get into another rinse & repeat!! Hopefully 1 of them will moon!!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
do have Coinbase referer link if anyone is interested message me, $10 for both apparently.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here