Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crypto this week

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
I have colleagues at work who invest in crypto, so I threw a very small amount of money into BTC recently just so I don't look back some day and say "I knew about it back in the day and didn't jump"

Ripple is one I'm going to look further into -- my employer recently signed a deal with them and I think blockchain solutions the financial services industry adopts will end up being far more lucrative than crypto as personal currency.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
gmabel830;8242821I think blockchain solutions the financial services industry adopts will end up being far more lucrative than crypto as personal currency.[/QUOTE said:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What platforms have you all used to buy in to XRP ? Used etoro a week ago for ripple but it is these CFDs not actual currency or shares.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Coins that will moon in the coming months:

ARK MOD CLOAK SONM OMG REQ SUB COBINHOOD

Fill your boots.

Be mindful over 40 of the top 100 coins are designed to work on Ethereum (ERC20 tokens).

Not sure why some of you are into Ripple - this is the central banks coin. The point of Crypto for me, is to make a dent into these toxic entities like the Central Banks.

Don't use Etoro....massive fees.

I use Bitstamp to get fiat in - then Bittrex, Bitfinex (for margin trading), and Binance.

Also the Blockfolio app is great.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Tulips!

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017

Completely different scenario........Tulips don't really have any real world utility save for "there's a nice flower" - so was totally speculative. Crypto has utility therefore value. Who is going to sell a crypto token with a low market cap that is soon to rival bank accounts, paypal, or ebay?

Dotcom ended up being a bubble at 6-7 trillion as was over adopted / space was too busy.

Crypto is only 0.5 trillion at the moment, and most tokens are still in development and not even adopted yet. Crypto will get to 2 trillion no problems - only at 3-4 trillion and above can we start to worry about any 40% crash - but if coins like Ethereum start to become web 3.0, then that could goto 10,000 in price easily.

Of course, 20% retracements often are healthy - the market needs to breath.

Look into coins like OMG, PAY, and REQ and you will see how big they will be......even more ambitious coins like Viberate and Airtoken can create massive real world disruption / change. Privacy coins like Monero and Cloak will also be massive.

It's still early, but joe public is now gettting in, coinbase in the USA has about 80k new accounts a day at the moment.

Look at the global crypto charts - this isn't silly money - it's big money coming in recently from institutions.

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Completely different scenario........Tulips don't really have any real world utility save for "there's a nice flower" - so was totally speculative. Crypto has utility therefore value. Who is going to sell a crypto token with a low market cap that is soon to rival bank accounts, paypal, or ebay?

Dotcom ended up being a bubble at 6-7 trillion as was over adopted / space was too busy.

Crypto is only 0.5 trillion at the moment, and most tokens are still in development and not even adopted yet. Crypto will get to 2 trillion no problems - only at 3-4 trillion and above can we start to worry about any 40% crash - but if coins like Ethereum start to become web 3.0, then that could goto 10,000 in price easily.

Of course, 20% retracements often are healthy - the market needs to breath.

Look into coins like OMG, PAY, and REQ and you will see how big they will be......even more ambitious coins like Viberate and Airtoken can create massive real world disruption / change. Privacy coins like Monero and Cloak will also be massive.

It's still early, but joe public is now gettting in, coinbase in the USA has about 80k new accounts a day at the moment.

Look at the global crypto charts - this isn't silly money - it's big money coming in recently from institutions.

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Good logical post.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
What happens with bitcoin specifically once it is all mined - surly the farms will sell, shut down operations and then it grinds to a halt as there is no-one to power the transactions

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

which is exactly whats going on here, too many solutions to the same issue, sometimes one that doesnt even need a new coin. example TenX which i have on watchlist, great project and application, but it doesnt need a coin to implement - its sold them as a way of raising cash. there are already live services that allow you to convert crypto to cash, so its in a busy market too. (graph looks like its due a good pump up though)

so which is it? new accounts from indivduals or institutions? i do know the answer, its small traders, passing 0.1 or 0.05 BTC across the exchanges, either in an out of alts or simply day trading.

if coins like Ethereum start to become web 3.0, then that could goto 10,000 in price easily.
does that mean anything or just some hype you read on Bitcointalk? do you know what web 2.0 is? payment system are not "the web", its a network of information.

such coins, many hype, wow. dont sell dreams, just enjoy the ride.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
What happens with bitcoin specifically once it is all mined - surly the farms will sell, shut down operations and then it grinds to a halt as there is no-one to power the transactions

the idea is they will run on fees. which incidently are about £10-12 a transfer these days and that a major problem as the price goes up (until they apply fixes they been arguing about for years). this happens in 2140, and Bitcoin will have long since failed under weight of technical problems by then (something else will have taken its place probably).

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
which is exactly whats going on here, too many solutions to the same issue, sometimes one that doesnt even need a new coin. example TenX which i have on watchlist, great project and application, but it doesnt need a coin to implement - its sold them as a way of raising cash. there are already live services that allow you to convert crypto to cash, so its in a busy market too. (graph looks like its due a good pump up though)

so which is it? new accounts from indivduals or institutions? i do know the answer, its small traders, passing 0.1 or 0.05 BTC across the exchanges, either in an out of alts or simply day trading.

does that mean anything or just some hype you read on Bitcointalk? do you know what web 2.0 is? payment system are not "the web", its a network of information.

such coins, many hype, wow. dont sell dreams, just enjoy the ride.

1) It's not too many solutions at the same time - how many popular apps are on the istore and google play? Thousands. How many good crypto tokens are there? 300 or so? If that.
Tenx created a token so they can give dividends and benefits to card holders. One gets paid for using their card.

2) Both. Coinbase have a new big boys account that is a $10 million minimum deposit. Also Futures and the coming ETFs will ensure big boys buy coins to hedge.

3) No need to mock with "You read X on BTCtalk" - Web 1.0 was file transfer and browser. Web 2.0 is what we have now (server databases and apps). Web 3.0 is Smart Contracts without middlemen (research Ethereum).

4) The key to doing well and understanding the crypto sphere is knowing which coins are going to moon, which are crap, which are a scam, and which are long term hodls.....and this is what takes the time. It's the wild west, a true modern day goldrush - and it really hasn't even started. But I assure you - thousands of millionaires in fiat terms are being created - and most will never cash out to Fiat - as the future will be spending crypto on crypto cards / services. When the penny drops how big this WILL be, one starts to pitchfork crappy Fiat into crypto.

It's the pound, dollar, euro etc that is the ultimate scam coin. Just look at the supply mechanics, and the inflation mechanics, and how centralised it is.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
3) No need to mock with "You read X on BTCtalk" - Web 1.0 was file transfer and browser. Web 2.0 is what we have now (server databases and apps). Web 3.0 is Smart Contracts without middlemen (research Ethereum).

:lolol: there's nothing else to say to that. databases and apps have been there since the begining of the web, and well before.

the key to doing well in crypto is to follow the herd to go with the momentum, or watch charts for some technical trading. it is indeed the wild west and those making the real money are the people behind the coins and the exchanges. labeling crypto as web 3.0 is just marketing hype to draw in the popular media (same as web2.0), to re-sell the dot com boom. i was there, made some money, brought the Boo.com tee-shirt (look it up).

Fiat is a nice car manufacturer, im aiming to cash out to Porsche :cheers:

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
the key to doing well in crypto is to follow the herd to go with the momentum, or watch charts for some technical trading.

It's actually the opposite. The key is to find good coins (solid team, project, roadmap) before the herd does. Whether this is via ICO, or via scooping coins on Etherdelta straight after ICO. This is where the massive gains are.

https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico

Another way is to buy dips - but a key tactic in Crypto is to keep buying and hodling - without trading.....I would say 80% in crypto do this.....and move / adapt between coins.

Another way, as you pointed out, is TA from charts.....but crypto moves quick - and many day traders get smacked about.

You are thinking in Forex / Stock terms, Crypto is a very different egg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here