Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crypto this week

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Can anyone recommend a good exchange to buy and sell Cryptocurrency? I have tried coinfloor but something when wrong with the authorisation process and it's been, literally impossible, to get them to sort it out.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Can anyone recommend a good exchange to buy and sell Cryptocurrency? I have tried coinfloor but something when wrong with the authorisation process and it's been, literally impossible, to get them to sort it out.

Someone on here suggested bitbargain. I've used it, seems easy enough, took a day to set up and get authorized. I've not set up a selling account yet, but buying has been easy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Debatable ... I would imagine that exchanges will be 'regulated' pretty quickly
These will soon be decentralised and encrypted as well...

there are exchanges and there are exchanges. the gateway exchanges that swap real cash $ and £ for crypto are tied down by a lot of regulation regards know your customer and anti money laundering. this will not change, there is not a realistic way for this to become decentralised. and before saying Localbitcoins, they will attract regulation or some prison sentences if they aren't complying.

then there are the trading exchanges where we can swap BTC for crapcoin or mooncoin, those are largely unregulated, based out of anywhere in the world and no direct legislation. though many require you to do verificaiton for KYC anyway so they are more regulated than thought. they may become decentralised if someone can devise a platform to allow peer-to-peer trading without really remaining a middleman (and therefore an exchange), many are promising this but yet to see one implemented yet (possible i've not found).

Uncle Albert

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
I use etoro, coinbase and binance. All quite easy to get authorised and use. Etoro has a limited number of coins but no wallet. I use Coinbase to buy BTC, send to Binance and then trade for a wide range of alt coins.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
... I have also put about 100 quid into a fancy looking Swiss banking ICO - called swissborg.

curious what made you dip your toe into this particular? i haven't seen it, though may be missing from the ICO sites i use. they've raised a decent amount of money for something with so little profile on bitcointalk. ping the refereal over to me i'm going to have look at this one.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
an opinion in the Grauniad today. summary is dont invest, its all speculation. about right if you ask me, though maybe have a flutter eh?

As an 'old school' investor it's hard to disagree with any of that. Thankfully have (more than) crystallised my profit. I like the way 'utility' is now being widely promoted to pump some of these coins when in many of the cases I've read it's simply not practical unless the world stands itself on it's head.

I might be OK, but I do worry that people at the end of this pyramid are going to get very badly burnt. I suspect the vast majority of the $700,000,000 total valuation will find it's way back into the traditional financial systems at much lower values.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
the "utility token" thing is emerging to avoid the ire of US SEC. did you cash in your chips yet? i understand Binance is now open, get some winnings on to the next table.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
the "utility token" thing is emerging to avoid the ire of US SEC. did you cash in your chips yet? i understand Binance is now open, get some winnings on to the next table.

Yes, thanks to the clear cache tip I got back into Bitstamp and did the deed, cash in bank 48 hours later, all very painless.

Left a small % behind that I'll fiddle around with

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Quite the day today. Everything plummeted (many by 40%) and then a recorders of sorts. It's nuts and I would be terrified if I had loads invested.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
absolute carnage in cryptoland. all because a rumour the chinese will ban crypto. again. though actually this time they do mean it. diversification working against people too, as bitcoin itself doing less badly than many others. i have one tiny slither of green :laugh:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I don't know what all the worry is about. Just see this as a sale in the crypto market; a massive clearance sale on all those fantastic shit coins. Stock up now lads and hodl, give it a year and you'll be mooning.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't know what all the worry is about. Just see this as a sale in the crypto market; a massive clearance sale on all those fantastic shit coins. Stock up now lads and hodl, give it a year and you'll be mooning.

Never try to catch a falling blade, isn't that the saying?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here