Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crypto this week

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Anyone else been riding the crazy rise in Crypto the past two weeks?

Now over 0.5trillion market cap - the skeptics are starting to take notice and looks at blockchain tech.

900% gains so far.....and it hasn't even started.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Sounds pretty cryptic to me :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My spam email folder is full of bitcoin mail.

Crooks wanting to fish in a mug or two ? ??? :facepalm:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Bubble, most of the "currencies" are now useless as actual currencies due to the transactional element being painfully high (and slow). They're backed by nothing other than an assumption they're cryptographically secure. Additionally, the energy requirements are getting to a level of being environmentally destructive.

Expect to see a lot of people very, very broke from this.

Blockchain tech is going to get used in the finance industry, but not like this.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Bubble, most of the "currencies" are now useless as actual currencies due to the transactional element being painfully high (and slow). They're backed by nothing other than an assumption they're cryptographically secure. Additionally, the energy requirements are getting to a level of being environmentally destructive.

Expect to see a lot of people very, very broke from this.

Blockchain tech is going to get used in the finance industry, but not like this.

Whooossshhh!!!!

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
"...and it hasn't even started"

Like you have a clue.
The bitcoin price is a speculative bubble, and the only thing that matters if you are getting involved is to get out at the right time.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I bought into Ripple 3 months ago and have been watching Bitcoin thinking I backed the wrong horse .... not so sure now :)

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I bought into Ripple 3 months ago and have been watching Bitcoin thinking I backed the wrong horse .... not so sure now :)

Ripple looks to be a good investment, I've been toying with the idea of buying some.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ripple looks to be a good investment, I've been toying with the idea of buying some.

Well it has utility unlike most others and the Ripple technology is being adopted pretty quickly by banks to sort out the tired SWIFT payment system.

The issue I see is that Ripple Technology doesn't necessarily rely on the Ripple Coin but recent announcements suggest that banks see the benefit of adopting the coin too. If they do then price volatility will have to be 'managed' to sensible levels as normal mainstream currencies I'd have thought (don't ask me how!!)

There's still plenty of upside I suspect but profit taking evident today

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Bought 2 grands worth over the last few weeks and already up a nice chunk. Does feel like being part of a Ponzi scheme though

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017

This is high ignorance.

Most crypto tokens aren't even currencies - they are decentralised apps, platform eco systems, and smart contracts - all with a real world utility that solves real problems.

Most coins are Proof of Stake (with dividends) - not Proof of Work - and many are soon moving to PoS - so your environment claim is out of date.

Dash slow? Gulden slow?

Bitcoin is slow due to it being shit tech......just the masses pile into it as it's the one they heard about.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
"...and it hasn't even started"

Like you have a clue.
The bitcoin price is a speculative bubble, and the only thing that matters if you are getting involved is to get out at the right time.

Yes, I do have a clue - and doing very well.

bitcoin is a coin i don't touch - massively over-valued.....some other coins however.......

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Bought 2 grands worth over the last few weeks and already up a nice chunk. Does feel like being part of a Ponzi scheme though

How can it when most coins will have real world adoption in the next 2 years?

bitconnect and some others are clearly ponzis - but so many tokens in the top 200 will go up 10x at least.

Request will rival paypal.
Tenx will rival credit cards.
Viberate could take over artist's events.
SONM / Sia could take over cloud computing.
etc etc

Look for the roadmap of a coin - what is it trying to achieve?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How can it when most coins will have real world adoption in the next 2 years?

bitconnect and some others are clearly ponzis - but so many tokens in the top 200 will go up 10x at least.

Request will rival paypal.
Tenx will rival credit cards.
Viberate could take over artist's events.
SONM / Sia could take over cloud computing.
etc etc

Look for the roadmap of a coin - what is it trying to achieve?
:lolol: theres no reason for real adoption of coins, and most road maps try to acheive objectives that dont require a coin/token or even a blockchain. ironically those that do are undervalued but be undermined if they gain value.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Still sceptical. It was designed to be decentralised, in truth a small number of miners dominate. These set-ups use up more electricity than most countries do. Was designed to be a form of payment - it is only bought to sell on later.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I love all the overnight experts on cryptos. There are two types.
1. The expert who has invested in cryptos and done very nicely, thank you. They promote cryptos and generally have blind faith in their exponential rise but in reality, have limited knowledge on the subject, me included.
2. Those who have no cryptos who like to ridicule them at every turn in order to make themselves feel better about having zero coins and no profit.

In reality nobody really knows what is going to happen, but, it's great that people have made a tidy profit from these.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I love all the overnight experts on cryptos. There are two types.

hey, i'm neither of them. I have crypto, but no blind faith and like to ridicule fanbois.:)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

You have defo made the right choice here.:thumbsup:

Nobel Laurete Hayek was a big advocate of the free money system. As ripple is already transferable to currency via banks it will have the stability trust and flexibility to prosper.

Worht a read.

https://mises.org/library/free-market-monetary-system

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here