Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    I did see a comment over the weekend:

The 2nd biggest mistake in cryptocurrencies is having more money invested than you are prepared to lose.
    The 1st biggest mistake is not having any.

Now, how to get started...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      If and it`s a big if,,,I had thousands to invest I`d buy Gold. Coins probably, CGT free and something I can see and hold.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      How easy are these currencies to sell if you sniff an imminent crash ? Or do all the selling methods suddenly shut down at that point leaving you stuffed ?
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed, Murray, Norwood

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How easy are these currencies to sell if you sniff an imminent crash ? Or do all the selling methods suddenly shut down at that point leaving you stuffed ?
      Not tested (for me) yet but anything is possible. More likely you just won't find buyers

But it's unregulated at the moment and many of the exchanges are struggling under immense pressure (mostly new subscribers). But (for me) so far, so good and apart from one blip has all gone fine, but then I don't day trade the stuff
      Last edited by Rugrat; 08-01-2018 at 09:11.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I only started with crypto between Xmas and new year. This followed a wedding in September where some mates were talking about trying it. They starting with a grand or two each and have all made loads - the worst now has 6k while the best has made over 50k.

My wife is currently waiting to find out about a new job and I have three kids so I am very much in the "don't invest anything you can't afford to lose camp" - someone else mentioned electroneum and I am into that for the long haul - not much only about 4000 tokens but they have already gone from 7 cents to currently about 17 (coming down now). I have also put about 100 quid into a fancy looking Swiss banking ICO - called swissborg. It might fail but it looks like it could also be huge. Lots of luck involved and if you pick the right coins and get lucky then you could be in a position to retire in a couple of years. If you fancy swissborg then drop me a PM and I will send a referral code where we both get 5% bonus.

So far I am into crypto for about 300 quid and I might lose it but also I might also make tens of thousands. Time will tell.

Good luck all.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Worth noting that lots of exchanges have stopped taking new traders this weekend due to excess demand. This suggest there could be another explosion of demand - again it might just inflate a bubble but if you get out before it pops then you win bigly (good term Donald)

0 Not allowed!
      As with anything like this, others will sniff it before you do...........................p articularly as the markets are unregulated. It'll be like the Wild West if/when it does go pop. As others have said, absolute key is only invest what you're prepared to lose.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I like to think of it as gambling but not knowing what odds you are getting.

Imagine someone who bought bitcoin a few years ago for 8 dollars a pop. Now worth 15k.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      i haven't heard of an exchange that doesnt have complaints about withholding cash or shutting down or locking trading at very important times. that said most of the gateway exchanges will let you sell the major crypto, then you could let it sit on account in £ € $ and withdraw later. withdrawal in the UK is a pain because UK banks do not accept direct payments from the exchanges, so you have to fanny around with Euro denominated accounts. though it seems once you have that set up its reliable enough. i have tried yet as my crypto is all on its the way to the moooon.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
      Not tested (for me) yet but anything is possible. More likely you just won't find buyers

But it's unregulated at the moment and many of the exchanges are struggling under immense pressure (mostly new subscribers). But (for me) so far, so good and apart from one blip has all gone fine, but then I don't day trade the stuff
      The whole point is that it's unregulated and unregulatable.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something