Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crypto this week

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Any advice on issues with exchanges? Trying to cash in some of my XRP's but running into problems .... I know they are all inundated but should I be concerned?

Bitstamp - Lost password requested reset and get a link with new password but it doesn't work. Tried password reset 3 times same thing. Raised a ticket no answer

Kraken - Similar thing to above. Get a link to reset but when I use it I get an error saying expired link. Request password reset again (2/3 times) now I don't even get a link. Raised ticket, no response

Gatehub - Never used it so sign up and the first stage is verification ... enter my phone number but don't get any kind of communication - raised ticket

Bit p*****d off ... mate says wait for Coinbase to adopt :(

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
too bad for Ethereum and it being Web 3.0, new boy Tron is promising to be Web 4.0 and rocketed into top 10 worth 12bn. :lolol:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Any advice on issues with exchanges? Trying to cash in some of my XRP's but running into problems .... I know they are all inundated but should I be concerned?

well done holding them, enough to buy a Ferrari? :lolol: all the exchanges seem to crap themselves when a major coin rockets up. you may want to try an exchange to switch XRP to LTC, ETH or BCH, then transfers to Coinbase. i've been using Binance (have a referal link i can PM, wont break rules posting) thats nice to use, haven't withdrawn yet though. how did you find Bitstamp up to now?

btw, if you're not aware you'll need to withdraw to a Euro account and its a bit of a faff. very short version, get a Revolut account and tell your bank to ease the process, have a read on this reddit thread.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
well done holding them, enough to buy a Ferrari? :lolol: all the exchanges seem to crap themselves when a major coin rockets up. you may want to try an exchange to switch XRP to LTC, ETH or BCH, then transfers to Coinbase. i've been using Binance (have a referal link i can PM, wont break rules posting) thats nice to use, haven't withdrawn yet though. how did you find Bitstamp up to now?

btw, if you're not aware you'll need to withdraw to a Euro account and its a bit of a faff. very short version, get a Revolut account and tell your bank to ease the process, have a read on this reddit thread.

PM Sent ... cheers!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Incredibly hard to buy Tron too!! Have to say I was t that impressed with the team when I looked at them.

i wasn't impressed that they dont know the difference between the Internet and WWW. It's a common misunderstanding, unacceptable though for an organisation in this field. seems the whole project is based on the CEO being linked to Jack Ma, and thats only based on his own Bio. dodgy.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’ve gone in quite large on Electroneum. Seems an innovative and exciting project. Some good news on partnerships with telco announced today and price starting to move.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
I’ve gone in quite large on Electroneum. Seems an innovative and exciting project. Some good news on partnerships with telco announced today and price starting to move.

I won 100 of these in a Twitter draw on NYE!! Guy got them stored in paper wallet for me until they come onto Online wallet or more specifically Coinbase or iPhone one that I can easily use!!

Fingers crossed!

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
BTC pulling some value from Alts.....Some say BTC to 23k.

I'm happy holding in decent alts like ICX REQ DBC and others....and taken a hedge position in BTC.

Buy the dip on ENG.

Decent gains recently picking up decent projects on Etherdelta before they launch on kucoin.....next two on the hitlist are CRED and HEDGE.

Happy crypto - stocks on acid.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I did see a comment over the weekend:

The 2nd biggest mistake in cryptocurrencies is having more money invested than you are prepared to lose.
The 1st biggest mistake is not having any.

Now, how to get started...

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If and it`s a big if,,,I had thousands to invest I`d buy Gold. Coins probably, CGT free and something I can see and hold.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How easy are these currencies to sell if you sniff an imminent crash ? Or do all the selling methods suddenly shut down at that point leaving you stuffed ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How easy are these currencies to sell if you sniff an imminent crash ? Or do all the selling methods suddenly shut down at that point leaving you stuffed ?

Not tested (for me) yet but anything is possible. More likely you just won't find buyers

But it's unregulated at the moment and many of the exchanges are struggling under immense pressure (mostly new subscribers). But (for me) so far, so good and apart from one blip has all gone fine, but then I don't day trade the stuff

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I only started with crypto between Xmas and new year. This followed a wedding in September where some mates were talking about trying it. They starting with a grand or two each and have all made loads - the worst now has 6k while the best has made over 50k.

My wife is currently waiting to find out about a new job and I have three kids so I am very much in the "don't invest anything you can't afford to lose camp" - someone else mentioned electroneum and I am into that for the long haul - not much only about 4000 tokens but they have already gone from 7 cents to currently about 17 (coming down now). I have also put about 100 quid into a fancy looking Swiss banking ICO - called swissborg. It might fail but it looks like it could also be huge. Lots of luck involved and if you pick the right coins and get lucky then you could be in a position to retire in a couple of years. If you fancy swissborg then drop me a PM and I will send a referral code where we both get 5% bonus.

So far I am into crypto for about 300 quid and I might lose it but also I might also make tens of thousands. Time will tell.

Good luck all.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Worth noting that lots of exchanges have stopped taking new traders this weekend due to excess demand. This suggest there could be another explosion of demand - again it might just inflate a bubble but if you get out before it pops then you win bigly (good term Donald)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

As with anything like this, others will sniff it before you do...........................particularly as the markets are unregulated. It'll be like the Wild West if/when it does go pop. As others have said, absolute key is only invest what you're prepared to lose.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I like to think of it as gambling but not knowing what odds you are getting.

Imagine someone who bought bitcoin a few years ago for 8 dollars a pop. Now worth 15k.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

i haven't heard of an exchange that doesnt have complaints about withholding cash or shutting down or locking trading at very important times. that said most of the gateway exchanges will let you sell the major crypto, then you could let it sit on account in £ € $ and withdraw later. withdrawal in the UK is a pain because UK banks do not accept direct payments from the exchanges, so you have to fanny around with Euro denominated accounts. though it seems once you have that set up its reliable enough. i have tried yet as my crypto is all on its the way to the moooon.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not tested (for me) yet but anything is possible. More likely you just won't find buyers

But it's unregulated at the moment and many of the exchanges are struggling under immense pressure (mostly new subscribers). But (for me) so far, so good and apart from one blip has all gone fine, but then I don't day trade the stuff

The whole point is that it's unregulated and unregulatable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here