Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mickey buys out Murdoch

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42353545

This could be interesting. On the minus side Disney are one step closer to TAKING OVER THE WORLD. On the plus, it looks like we might finally get a few decent new ALIEN movies. I also like how Murdoch's selling everything except his news channels....Mickey must have said "Fox News?? Naah you can keep that." :lolol:

Thoughts?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I guess that if Fox News envelopes Sky News, hopefully we'll see less of that bleedin' heart that is Kay Burley.
I agree that we may get more decent sci-fi films, but does it mean that the prices will go up for the customer?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
This is a major move towards their streaming services, as they've now gained a lot of TV shows. Buffy the vampire slayer, the Simpsons, futurama, modern family and others and they've bought Fox's shares in HULU as well. Not to mention the countless movies FOX has. This also means Disney now has the full rights to star wars, with FOX being the only company being able to release the original trilogy. Adding Deadpool, XMen and fantastic 4 could also add to the MCU, they are looking to create a monopoly, and that scares the shit out of me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here