Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Darts Championship

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Anyone been ? any tips on seating or just general help info around it ?

If you don't what train or bus stop to alight from, get off when The Archbishop of Canterbury, Mother Theresa, Robin Hood, 2 monks, seven dwarfs and Kermit the frog do :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a fantastic tournament so far.

So many shocks, Phil Taylor looked very nervy but that's understandable when it could be your last ever match as Britain's greatest ever competitor IMO. I really hope he wins it. Darts won't be the same without him.

@ Sheebo - you might see Taylor's last ever match. That would be quite something to tell all your friends and family mate. :thumbsup:

Justin was so focused on playing Taylor he took his eye off the ball last night by his own admission but was chuffed with the win despite not playing well. How his poor family cope with it - my stomach was in knots for ages after watching that. Yeh I may go again Sat, that’s my 2nd win at the worlds in 6 years of going with Pipey :)

Last time he played Taylor I was watching at a players champs in Coventry - 5-1 down then won 6-5 so maybe that’s a good omen :)

Robbie Savage was near us and I told him I was a BHA fan :thumbsup:

159CD1CA-4791-4286-97D3-E82117187495.png

I’m just in the end here :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone been ? any tips on seating or just general help info around it ?

Yes, don’t join in with the hundreds of knob heads who boo & whistle a player when he’s throwing who’s trying to earn a living for his family...

In all seriousness, it’s an amazing venue BUT a bitch to get to - if the games run on then you have to leave early to get trains. Sit wherever I’d say, but I always preferred a table seat when I went before. There’s a lot that goes on in the little village bit off stage too which is fun. Fancy dress are always quality.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, don’t join in with the hundreds of knob heads who boo & whistle a player when he’s throwing who’s trying to earn a living for his family...

In all seriousness, it’s an amazing venue BUT a bitch to get to - if the games run on then you have to leave early to get trains. Sit wherever I’d say, but I always preferred a table seat when I went before. There’s a lot that goes on in the little village bit off stage too which is fun. Fancy dress are always quality.

Looks a lot of fun. Will try and get there at some point. I saw the Smith Pipe match and some of those there were off with.the booing. That aside I was a surprised by the sudden step closer and then loud cough by Pipe just as Smith was about to throw for the match. The commentators on Sky we pretty scathing and have just called it despicable, saying it needs to be dealt with. Anyway, great tournament.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks a lot of fun. Will try and get there at some point. I saw the Smith Pipe match and some of those there were off with.the booing. That aside I was a surprised by the sudden step closer and then loud cough by Pipe just as Smith was about to throw for the match. The commentators on Sky we pretty scathing and have just called it despicable, saying it needs to be dealt with. Anyway, great tournament.

Yeh it’s hard to tell for sure if anything was deliberate but Mardle and Justin don’t get on so not surprised Mardle had a pop. Bernie certainly didn’t have any complaints after as had a chat with us and was saying he didn’t like the crowd’s behaviour to JP. Should be a good standard tonight - last night wasn’t up to the usual standard from anyone.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yeh it’s hard to tell for sure if anything was deliberate but Mardle and Justin don’t get on so not surprised Mardle had a pop. Bernie certainly didn’t have any complaints after as had a chat with us and was saying he didn’t like the crowd’s behaviour to JP. Should be a good standard tonight - last night wasn’t up to the usual standard from anyone.

He’s a Kiwi, he will be down to earth and move on type. Yes, standard overall really poor but Spaniards upping it

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Webster Petersen a right Christmas cracker, down to the deciding set.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brutal last couple of sets from Snakebite, I haven't seen a Brazilian take such a pummelling since Shaven Havens 4.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
"Pele, Rivelhino, Zico, Ronaldo, Jairzhino, Ederson, Oscar, Luiz, Socrates, Scolari etc etc....... YOUR BOY TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I didn't know about Dave Clark having Parkinson's. Awful news.

On the darts front it will be interesting to see how Dmitri Van den Bergh fares against Jan Dekker today. He looks an exciting prospect - only MVG had a higher average in Round 1.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
It's quite common/old news which makes it more strange, as Ladbrokes have sponsored past events so what were they thinking!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's shocking from Ladbrokes in what should be a very private illness that only his family and close friends should know about. If he was forced to admit it because of the bookmakers trolling him, that's disgraceful.

You're not getting anymore of my money, Ladbrokes. I'll go elsewhere for my betting.

Best wishes and thoughts with Dave Clark.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wonderful moment there as Paul Lim has a dart at double 12 for a 9 darter 28 years after getting the first TV 9 darter at a world championship.

Such a shame he missed, but bags a 10 darter 2 legs later. What a guy!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Wonderful moment there as Paul Lim has a dart at double 12 for a 9 darter 28 years after getting the first TV 9 darter at a world championship.

Such a shame he missed, but bags a 10 darter 2 legs later. What a guy!

I was there that night v Jack McKenna in 1990 . That would of been scenes tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here