Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Jamie Murphy

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The wings are arguably the area where we are strongest. I'm a big fan of Solly March and would like to see him start regularly. Knockaert and Izquierdo are also threatening players and we also have Brown who can play there who is obviously talented but appears lacking in application. Of course we also have Skalak and Murphy in reserve but I imagine they may well be moving on in January.

So who do you think are our best two wingers?

Poll to follow...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The two left-footed ones, which unfortunately in my eyes means they can’t play together as they both want to play on the right hand side and cut in-field.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to ask the March v Izquierdo question about Saturday.

March for me out of those two, so March plus the little French sulker for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
By the law of NSC the answer has to be:-

Skalak and Murphy (now rumoured to be Rangers bound)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
March and Knockaert

March is the best, followed by Knockaert
Brown is a more than able deputy for Inside-Left
Skalak and Murphy should be moved on in time.

I am a self confessed licker, but haven't seen anything from Jose to suggest that he's anything more than a gold plated Kazenga. I'm interested in the discrepancy between what we're seeing fromhim and what was reported to us by our resident Club Brugge fan.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Izquierdo.... hope he proves me wrong but if we really paid £16m for him then I feel it's not money well spent at the moment. he has had time now to adjust. Poor at defending as in the first goal, no left foot as in the attempted crossfield pass when we looked like we could break out. The cutting inside and shooting bit may have worked in the Belguim league but this is the prem. harsh I know but does he even get near Colombia's first 11?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Izquierdo.... hope he proves me wrong but if we really paid £16m for him then I feel it's not money well spent at the moment. he has had time now to adjust. Poor at defending as in the first goal, no left foot as in the attempted crossfield pass when we looked like we could break out. The cutting inside and shooting bit may have worked in the Belguim league but this is the prem. harsh I know but does he even get near Colombia's first 11?

Is this or is this not what he has done twice and scored?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
March summed himself up late in the game yesterday. He brilliantly glided past Rose, but rather than put the ball on the head of an unmarked Murray at the back post, his head was down and he drilled it low to nobody at the near. Really needs to work on that.

Izquierdo edges it for me but hard to see past the Kazenga comparisons

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Haven't really seen enough of Izquierdo yet to make full judgement, so March and Knocky right now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It’s still Knockaert for me, when he actually receives the ball he can still torment defenders. On Wednesday he went in two or three mazy runs passed defenders, sadly if there’s nobody nearby or in the box his options are limited. I can see why he’s getting frustrated.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It’s still Knockaert for me, when he actually receives the ball he can still torment defenders. On Wednesday he went in two or three mazy runs passed defenders, sadly if there’s nobody nearby or in the box his options are limited. I can see why he’s getting frustrated.

I'm not sure that is the entire case, he did go on mazy runs but did nothing with it, eventually being dispossessed. Toy throwing then ensued, a typically French response when things aren't going your way.

Still lets roll with it for the time being as Izquierdo isn't much of an improvement. :xmas:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here