Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tme wasting after 20 minutes

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ryan came very close to being cautioned. It was blatant and frankly, embarrassing. It highlights the limit of our ambition now.

Which half?

We have 1 minute stoppage time in the 1st half. That included 1 goal (30 seconds) and at least one injury stoppage.

In the 2nd half we had 3 minutes of stoppages, with 6 individual substitutions & 1 goal (30 seconds each) plus a couple of injuries.

Clearly the ref and his support team didn't see any time wasting.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we'd played a little more open and been slaughtered 5-0 you'd probably be the first to moan about that as well. Cheer up you grumpy ****.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I timed a couple of them (yes I was that bored). Between Matt Ryan picking up the ball and kicking it, was about 20 seconds each time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Clearly the ref and his support team didn't see any time wasting.

I thought he warned our players at least twice in the first half. I was surprised that there wasn't more time added than the default first half one minute thing.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought he warned our players at least twice in the first half. I was surprised that there wasn't more time added than the default first half one minute thing.

Did he warn them, or did you think he warned them? (I am aware that these are not mutually exclusive).

Perhaps he adopted the rule I've suggested in the past where any team that wastes time, as soon as they go behind those minutes get removed... why should they get extra time to equalise?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry if it came across as being precious, I'm not, but lets call it what it was: time wasting. And in the first half.

It’s a function of the huge financial inequality in football. If the premier and football leagues want more even contests/better football and less time wasting etc then they need to distribute tv money equally. They don’t want this so I say we need to take every advantage denied to us.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I noticed the referee call Dunk towards him near the half-way line after about 20 minutes, whilst yet again waiting for Ryan to get on with his goal-kick. He spoke to Dunk and pointed towards Ryan. After that, Ryan was marginally quicker.

I want to see football being played, not persistent time wasting, shirt-pulling, diving etc etc...no matter who the teams are.

If winning football is so dependent on the above then it is slowly losing me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some of our fans get embarrassed very easily. Ryan was not wasting any more time than Kuipers used to do. It's all part of the game, and it wound the Spurs fans up a treat.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Some of our fans get embarrassed very easily. Ryan was not wasting any more time than Kuipers used to do. It's all part of the game, and it wound the Spurs fans up a treat.

And it winds me up a treat when the opposition does it at the Amex. Not embarrassing just very annoying.

I hate it and can't understand why refs don't book players earlier. Whether it's us or whoever we happen to be playing against.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
And it winds me up a treat when the opposition does it at the Amex. Not embarrassing just very annoying.

I hate it and can't understand why refs don't book players earlier. Whether it's us or whoever we happen to be playing against.

We were not time wasting end of thread :moo:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

We were not time wasting end of thread :moo: I dropped my phone...... Honest!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The ref didn't book the players because they'd done nothing wrong.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Kidding right? We were blatantly doing this almost from the start!!

No time wasting from my perspective. Seemed reasonable. Not sure whether the THFC fans were getting a little antcy cause they couldn't score against us. Seen a lot lot worse not get pulled by the ref.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No time wasting from my perspective. Seemed reasonable. Not sure whether the THFC fans were getting a little antcy cause they couldn't score against us. Seen a lot lot worse not get pulled by the ref.

I do wish our fans wouldn’t get upset by, we were and do time waste like every other team when it suits. And last night it suited from approximately 7mins. That’s all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here