Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rewriting the Dale Stephens song

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We can't ignore the elephant in the room any longer. A small bit of debate amongst my group last night. Which line works best?

...always gives the ball away

or:

....never gives the ball to us

or a more generous:

....sometimes gives the ball away

Any other suggestions?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agree drop it, I had trading standards ring me last night, they warned me it was misrepresentation and we couldn't substantiate the claim. I told them I'd stop singing straight away as soon as they asked for my name, which, for the record, I told them was @bozza

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We can't ignore the elephant in the room any longer. A small bit of debate amongst my group last night. Which line works best?

...always gives the ball away

or:

....never gives the ball to us

or a more generous:

....sometimes gives the ball away

Any other suggestions?

Are you on some sort of click bait steroid today?

Maybe rewriting it would do his confidence no world of good. He's had a couple of bad games I grant you.

And, we've known for ages that he's a defensively minded midfielder. That's not news.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you on some sort of click bait steroid today?

Maybe rewriting it would do his confidence no world of good. He's had a couple of bad games I grant you.

And, we've known for ages that he's a defensively minded midfielder. That's not news.

I'm struggling to make that fit - is it to a different tune?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Rarely?

It does seem to this years popular songs amongst football fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
All those that were bleating on about him being called up for England, look like muppets. Stephens is the weak link in the midfield and has been all season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ah the song police. Seems like we've identified a bunch of people who refuse to sing a song that doesn't have legitimate accuracy.

Think we're going to have to disect a few more.

- I'm fairly sure when the opposition see how we lineup they can fully comprehend we have Knockaert, and on reflection I'm not so sure he's better than Ozil.
- Izquierdo is much more likely to be running down the wing for personal aspirations and/or his paycheque, than for ME
- I am yet to walk through the Murray wonderland, do I need tickets?
- While Goldson has done brilliantly to recover from his ailment, I'm not so sure he is indestructible and maybe we shouldn't be telling him so.
- Duffy is a monster of a man and definitely a rare breed, but I'm not sure we can possibly say that there isn't anybody else out there like him.

In summary, shut the **** up and just sing the song whether you agree with it or not, or at least sing it with your incredibly witty amendments.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah the song police. Seems like we've identified a bunch of people who refuse to sing a song that doesn't have legitimate accuracy.

Think we're going to have to disect a few more.

- I'm fairly sure when the opposition see how we lineup they can fully comprehend we have Knockaert, and on reflection I'm not so sure he's better than Ozil.
- Izquierdo is much more likely to be running down the wing for personal aspirations and/or his paycheque, than for ME
- I am yet to walk through the Murray wonderland, do I need tickets?
- While Goldson has done brilliantly to recover from his ailment, I'm not so sure he is indestructible and maybe we shouldn't be telling him so.
- Duffy is a monster of a man and definitely a rare breed, but I'm not sure we can possibly say that there isn't anybody else out there like him.

In summary, shut the **** up and just sing the song whether you agree with it or not, or at least sing it with your incredibly witty amendments.

Ooooohhhhh handbags.jpg

I think all we've identified is that Stephens isn't quite living up to his reputation at the moment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here