Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you keeping the faith in Hughton?

Where do you currently stand with Chris Hughton?

• I still have ALL the faith

Votes: 377 75.1%
  • Faith has waned a tad, but still Team Hughton

Votes: 107 21.3%
  • On the fence

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • I'm doubting he is the man for the job

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Hughton Out!

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yup. Expectations took an unhealthy spike due to our strong start, quite honestly we’ve got the poorest striking options in the league, we knew this, but it got a bit hazy as we quickly gathered points. When the transfer window went belly up our hope was to still be alive by January, well we are, so hopefully we can entice a striker or two.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lots of similar noises to his spell with Norwich so perhaps our ‘fans’ should have a think about what happened to them after their fans got all billy Big bollocks and thought they deserved to be higher than they were

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from his bizarre decision to rest players and field a weakened side in the all important Huddersfield match, he hasn't done too much wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Horses for courses. I've seen no reason to think that Hughton is good enough at this level to have us playing in a way which will keep us up, however I do think there's a lot of truth in the phrase, "careful what you wish for". Hughton got us promoted, he deserves the full season and the transfer window. I am very keen to see him keep us up, I want him to succeed and I want us to be scoring goals, and winning games. As it stands today, I think we're going down - but I'd rather keep Hughton and see where we end up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I still have all the faith in Hughton. He'll need to be supported by the recruitment team in January. It's the not scoring that's killing us at the moment and you can only do so much with the strikers he has available.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
Slightly sceptical about his last couple of team selections but still have complete faith.

Even if (god forbid) we do end up going down this year I would like to see him keep his job and bring us back up.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
In, of course. Can't believe supporters would think otherwise. If we were to win our next two games, those Hughton bashers will all be in hiding

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Never forget what he has achieved in actually taking us up to the Premier League. Even if we don't stay up this season, I would still trust him to continue being the manager in the Championship. We are far from an embarrassment in this League, and although recent results and tactics are worrying, there is nothing to suggest he should go, barely a third of the way through this season.

This and absolutely this, we have a well run club with a quality manager who knows what he is doing. I think that stability is the key, even of we go down i would be confident that with the newfound riches and parachute payments Chris Hughton would get us back at the first (well maybe second if players decide to leave) attempt. Burnley kept hold of Dyche and look at them flying along at the moment while playing good football. It is a viable model for us and I think we should stick with stability.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Did we drop to the bottom of the league or something?

I thought we were above where we expected to be and have just come out the other side of a tough sequence of fixtures.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He should be here for as long as he wants the job.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
100% Hughton is the man for ALL seasons. The best man to take us up, the best man to try and keep us up, and the best man to bring us back again if the shortcomings of the squad are just too much to overcome this season.

We have our very own Sean Dyche, and that is the model we should be following. How have they done with the policy of finding the right manager, and then sticking with him?

I was going to post, but then I thought nah, I'll just repost THIS.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Never forget what he has achieved in actually taking us up to the Premier League. Even if we don't stay up this season, I would still trust him to continue being the manager in the Championship. We are far from an embarrassment in this League, and although recent results and tactics are worrying, there is nothing to suggest he should go, barely a third of the way through this season.[

Nearly at the half way stage :thumbsup:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Excellent poll findings, and an antidote to Naylor's inevitable 'Fans are losing faith with Hughton' Argus clickbait opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here