Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you keeping the faith in Hughton?

Where do you currently stand with Chris Hughton?

• I still have ALL the faith

Votes: 377 75.1%
  • Faith has waned a tad, but still Team Hughton

Votes: 107 21.3%
  • On the fence

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • I'm doubting he is the man for the job

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Hughton Out!

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The best leaders don't wait for things to break. We are clearly misfiring and therefore preventative maintenance (in whatever form it takes) is required to ensure we don't break
Maybe. So long as 'preventive maintenance' (whatever that is!) doesn't involve sacking the manager.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I think you'll find "get relegated and it’s gloves off time" is very much a minority opinion, certainly not shared by 'most people'. CH for next season - and the one after please - wherever we are.*

* OK, maybe not if 2019-20 is in League 1 !

Not saying don’t want him just that he would come in for a lot more stick re. Huddersfield performances and selections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Both knocky and march I don't feel have stepped up enough , hemed not sure , murray gets caught offside(at 34 ) baldock not even fit yet ? or fit for task-stephens not looking as assured -Bruno at 56 is doing well but you know what they managed to avoid defeat to the Nigels , its a uphill task, and I think were doing better than I expected , I haven't lost the faith because I will still renew in march/april no matter what however I would really like CH to be with us .
Its not time to call stevie gritt in yet!.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
murray gets caught offside(at 34 )?

I think this is a misconception from perhaps bygone days? I'm not even sure we have had that many offsides against us. Wouldn't you actually expect a 34 to be offside more because they should be trying to gain the extra yard they've perhaps lost?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Various threads suggest there is some disquiet at Chris Hughton currently. I think that is probably a minority, if a vocal one.

Let's see...

Although I have put one in for all the faith, it is only human nature to be despondant with the last few weeks, I can understand people's edginess, so long as it isn't out and out trolling.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Very good, insightful article about him in yesterday's filthy Tory scum rag, The Sunday Times, talking about his past, community work/initiatives in London, Mike Ashley, his hopes/ambition for the Albion, about how he doesn't necessarily see himself as English despite being London born and bred.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very good, insightful article about him in yesterday's filthy Tory scum rag, The Sunday Times, talking about his past, community work/initiatives in London, Mike Ashley, his hopes/ambition for the Albion, about how he doesn't necessarily see himself as English despite being London born and bred.

Considering we are in most games and with a bit more luck we could have won more imagine what CH could do with a few more quality players in certain positions.

This.

Somehow he's got us 4 wins and 18 points, from a squad lacking (PL quality) pace, creativity and strikers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This.

Somehow he's got us 4 wins and 18 points, from a squad lacking (PL quality) pace, creativity and strikers.

In fairness we do have some genuine pace on the wings, we seldom use it though due to slow Centre forwards not being able to get in the box, hence the infuriating slow build ups with some back passes thrown in.

We all know what we HAVE to get in January. Personally I think to stand any chance of staying up we need to make this happen. The defence is good enough, the midfield may be but the forwards, Nah.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I believe that he is playing (in general) the right tactics for this season's target ... Survival.
Unfortunately, the right tactics are to play overly defensive, dull, frustrating football, grinding out draws, risking nothing and attracting lots of criticism for boring the hell out of the fans.

That said, I do think that he really does struggle with some aspects of his role. He is extremely loyal to his team, not one for knee-jerk team changes following a bad performance. However, he has taken this admirable trait a little too far. Players should have been rested before/as soon as we came into this busy period, it's too late when players have already had a mare of a game because they have played their 3rd 90m game in a week [Bruno?]. Some of the lazier players who haven't broken into a sprint all season, are constantly offside, can't win an aerial ball, can't turn on the ball, can't out run a defender, can't score from the spot, etc really don't deserve the loyalty they are getting!!

And FFS Chris... substitutions are there for you to change a game! Please please please use them to change the pace, formation, atmosphere in a timely manner - swapping like-for-like players at 75-80minutes when we are 0-0 or 1 down really is f*cking wasting a chance!

I still think he is the man for the job, but realistic that there is stuff he could do better.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That said, I do think that he really does struggle with some aspects of his role. He is extremely loyal to his team, not one for knee-jerk team changes following a bad performance. However, he has taken this admirable trait a little too far. Players should have been rested before/as soon as we came into this busy period, it's too late when players have already had a mare of a game because they have played their 3rd 90m game in a week [Bruno?]. Some of the lazier players who haven't broken into a sprint all season, are constantly offside, can't win an aerial ball, can't turn on the ball, can't out run a defender, can't score from the spot, etc really don't deserve the loyalty they are getting!!

I'm assuming you aren't a Murray fan? I mean you did all but say his name...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Various threads suggest there is some disquiet at Chris Hughton currently. I think that is probably a minority, if a vocal one.

Let's see...

anyone who is voicing disquiet at hughton is a bit of a numpty imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here