Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you keeping the faith in Hughton?

Where do you currently stand with Chris Hughton?

• I still have ALL the faith

Votes: 377 75.1%
  • Faith has waned a tad, but still Team Hughton

Votes: 107 21.3%
  • On the fence

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • I'm doubting he is the man for the job

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Hughton Out!

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I want to keep CH. Even if we go down I'd want to keep him, and I'd still keep faith with him eve if we weren't doing well by Christmas - after all, if we did go down, we'd lose some players, and we wouldn't automatically storm the Championship. Difficult times either way, but I want CH to be the manager to keep us up, or to get us back up.
I still voted 'Faith has waned a tad' though. With some poor performances and results recently, yes, faith has waned a bit - but that doesn't mean I even slightly consider wanting to change our manager.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Like most people its keep Chris for me but get relegated and it’s gloves off time we must attack the more winnable games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Totally and for the long term. Even if we should go down this season CH is laying strong foundations for the future. Similar to Burnley and Dyche. A relegation doesn't automatically make you the wrong man for the job.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
100% with knobs on, anybody who didn’t anticipate rough patches especially with our misfortune regarding striking additions is frankly living in a dream world. CH is definitely the man.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We need more than one of those.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Give him a quality striker and he'll do fine
Left off the quote...

We need more than one striker.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me the recruitment this year was poorish, and thus to blame. This is mostly down to the market value of really talented players being beyond our reach. Ultimately we're relying on unearthing a bit of an unsung gem i.e. Gross. However, we're talking about a reserve GK from Valencia, two relegated players, and one from the (let's face it ) Scotland level Dutch league. As for our 'record' buy - indicative of the huge inflation in the game currently. Decent players and ludicrous prices. March is a better bet to be brutally honest. Bruno was always going to be a bit of an issue too as was our eventual, yet unplanned, reliance on Murray and Hemed to score the majority of our goals.

Chris is literally doing the best he can with the players we have. Setting up any other way would see us even more regularly hammered, thus he's restricted to playing the fine margins and percentages. We've got close here and there...

January will ultimately decide our fate, fail to deliver real quality and we're most likely going to face the drop. This fate aside, Chris Hughton remains the man to bring us back up again ala Sean Dyche.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he is a great manager , he is doing the best with what he has , we are a few important players short at the moment as we all know .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Left off the quote...

We need more than one striker.

Yes but we also need to be realistic!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
100% with knobs on, anybody who didn’t anticipate rough patches especially with our misfortune regarding striking additions is frankly living in a dream world. CH is definitely the man.
To be brutally honest, it wasn't 'misfortune' at all. It was all about not securing what we needed earlier in the window. Let's hope the lesson has been learned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
100% Hughton is the man for ALL seasons. The best man to take us up, the best man to try and keep us up, and the best man to bring us back again if the shortcomings of the squad are just too much to overcome this season.

We have our very own Sean Dyche, and that is the model we should be following. How have they done with the policy of finding the right manager, and then sticking with him?

This, this and thrice times this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes but we also need to be realistic!
The reality is that we need two goal scorers. One may already be at the club but we need at least one 'proven at this level' striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The reality is that we need two goal scorers. One may already be at the club but we need at least one 'proven at this level' striker.

Ha no I was more lining myself up with your following post. ***spooky***
We need to be realistic about the clubs capacity for signing 1 striker let alone 2.

The fact that we can age transfer windows by the corresponding pisspoor excuse for not signing a striker is rather telling.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not entirely sure how to vote. As I said in the summer, I mostly haven't really enjoyed the football under Hughton (there were exceptions, of course). Last season there were results to compensate for that. I knew going in to this season we wouldn't have as many of those results to offset the style of football for me.

But despite my own personal enjoyment (or lack there of) of the football being played, I recognised the massive achievement of Hughton, and felt (and still feel) he deserves at least the whole season regardless of where we are in the table and any threat or real danger of relegation. And at least a few months next season if we go down to see if he looks like getting us straight back up, or dropping on down.

I feel like it's not about faith for me, I feel like my desire for him to be given the whole season is more out of a sense of decency and fair play than faith in his ability. So it seems wrong to vote about still having the faith, but I don't want him gone, so I'm not a 'hughton out' or a 'sitting on the fence'.

(Having said that, I've enjoyed some of our home performances a bit more than on average last year - with some compensation for disappointment/frustration of dropped points)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven’t read the thread through yet. I have total faith in Hughton, the last few games have seen the players lose confidence dramatically. We are not good enough to compete week in week out with the top teams in this division and their confidence is totally shot after the United, Liverpool and Spurs game and having a massive off day at Hudderdfield.

Even Allardyce wouldn’t have done much better if he had been in charge imo. Our passing game has gone, our midfield is out of form and confidence and we have reverted to hoofing the ball from defence in the forlorn hope one of our wingers will win it and reap a miracle with nobody in the box when ready to cross.

We are in a slump and hopefully CH can turn it around. He is STLL the man for the job imo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be brutally honest, it wasn't 'misfortune' at all. It was all about not securing what we needed earlier in the window. Let's hope the lesson has been learned

This. If the Albion Board want this PL revenue stream to continue into next season, as opposed to just banking the parachute payments, then they need to properly invest in a credible strike force. They've tried to get by without one for WAY too long. Now that the goals from midfield have dried up, the Emperor's New Nike-branded Clothes are there for all to see.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have absolute faith that CH is the manager I want to run this club. I still think we'll go down - I have all season - while, I would like it to be otherwise, going back down is fine by me, I'm enjoying the ride.

Just think about who we are competing with - some of the best squads in the world, and that's a massive step up for the club. We go down, I think we'll come back up quite quickly, and I'd be quite happy for CH to guide us through that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
FFS. We were expected to struggle, especially without the purchase of a striker, and at the moment we are struggling. He can't perform miracles. Sick of all this negativity because we're only 13th in the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here