Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you keeping the faith in Hughton?

Where do you currently stand with Chris Hughton?

• I still have ALL the faith

Votes: 377 75.1%
  • Faith has waned a tad, but still Team Hughton

Votes: 107 21.3%
  • On the fence

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • I'm doubting he is the man for the job

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Hughton Out!

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Various threads suggest there is some disquiet at Chris Hughton currently. I think that is probably a minority, if a vocal one.

Let's see...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course, but then again I don't have short term memory loss. :lol:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

and for those who are not so sure about CH, please enlighten us as to who they would see transforming our situation. The last manager I think bought in to do something like that was Hypia? Other analogies.. De Boer? Or go the other way.. help a struggling team to get points.. Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely team Hughton, keep us up this season with the addition of a decent striker soon hopefully, and then politely requested by those above to be a little more adventurous next season.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
and for those who are not so sure about CH, please enlighten us as to who they would see transforming our situation. The last manager I think bought in to do something like that was Hypia? Other analogies.. De Boer? Or go the other way.. help a struggling team to get points.. Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew..

Maybe a manager of one of the teams that has beaten us recently - so Mourinho, Klopp, or Pocchetino?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still have ALL the faith - anything else would be madness.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
100% Hughton is the man for ALL seasons. The best man to take us up, the best man to try and keep us up, and the best man to bring us back again if the shortcomings of the squad are just too much to overcome this season.

We have our very own Sean Dyche, and that is the model we should be following. How have they done with the policy of finding the right manager, and then sticking with him?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Madness to think anything other than totally team CH.

For those that are even considering wavering just looked at how both Newcastle and Norwich went after they released CH

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
100% support him. I find any talk of him going absolutely bizarre. Maybe naive but I didn't expect any calls for him to go even if we were in the bottom three at this stage.

I think some people need reminding that we are actually 13th in the premier league on the 14th December with home games coming up against Burnley and Watford.

Anyone saying he should go - who exactly would be better??

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Never forget what he has achieved in actually taking us up to the Premier League. Even if we don't stay up this season, I would still trust him to continue being the manager in the Championship. We are far from an embarrassment in this League, and although recent results and tactics are worrying, there is nothing to suggest he should go, barely a third of the way through this season.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Quite simply I'd still want him even if he took us down.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez. Well we all knew these sentiments would rear their heads, but even I'm surprised they've come out so early. If we were rooted at the bottom and in danger of surpassing Derby's PL record I could understand it. But we're not. Yes we're in a dip, a bit like the dip we were in during our 2nd-last season in the Championship (at about this time as well), but we're actually doing ok overall. Did people really think we'd breeze through the entire season? Apparently yes some did.

All those years being top of the Championship have distorted people's perspectives (and also maybe our good start). All the teams at our end of the table have had, are having, or will have slumps. - and even if our slump is terminal we need to follow Burnley's example and keep faith with a manager we know is good.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People think we can just have the audacity to steamroll some of the biggest teams in the country

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here