Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton Attack

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Yes finished my dinner thanks, went to work this morning then this afternoon attended a very close colleagues funeral he was only 42, he died of Liver Cancer, seeing his 2 daughters today bought back the reality in life.

I’m very sorry about your colleague, I was just waiting for the promised response to your, rather odd, question, to which I gave an honest reply. To be honest I don’t care if you enlighten me about my “Drive” or not, so let’s just forget it, you obviously did. I’m more than happy for @Bozza adjudicate if you feel that you, as a moderator, have been wronged in any way.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I’m very sorry about your colleague, I was just waiting for the promised response to your, rather odd, question, to which I gave an honest reply. To be honest I don’t care if you enlighten me about my “Drive” or not, so let’s just forget it, you obviously did.

My comment was......."I'm eating my dinner at the moment but will try and explain what I meant a bit later" I see no wording saying "Promised response?"

I have a life apart from NSC and sometimes "work - home & family life and other daily issues (including a funeral of a young man I trained and was close to) " has to take preference to me replying or even logging on to NSC, my apologies if you have been waiting about for what must be around 24 hours.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There is only one way to defend and thats ATTACK! sadly attack is not in CH vocabulary.

Please do discuss......I am more than happy to be corrected :thumbsup:

I used to read the exact same type of posts on Norwich City Message Boards. Where are they now

Sitting 16th in the Championship. Be careful what you wish for

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m very sorry about your colleague, I was just waiting for the promised response to your, rather odd, question, to which I gave an honest reply. To be honest I don’t care if you enlighten me about my “Drive” or not, so let’s just forget it, you obviously did. I’m more than happy for @Bozza adjudicate if you feel that you, as a moderator, have been wronged in any way.

I've clicked back quite far but I'll be honest: I have no idea what's going on here right now.

Call it a draw?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Read ALL of the thread and get a proper feel for what I was trying to say.

I have read it all.

What your target seems to be differs from the club as a whole. Your target and aim seems to be attractive football and challenging higher up the Division. That isn't possible with the current squad. It truly isn't. The Hierarchy at the Club is more realistic than yourself. Survival in the PL is the target. I am not saying that you or anyone else shouldn't aspire to such targets but not in the first year in the PL.

It takes about 4 Transfer windows to build a squad. It took 4 Transfer windows to build a squad capable of getting out of the Championship. You now have to start from scratch again and build a squad capable of competing on an attacking level. Players are not going to fall into our lap. The recruitment team need to go find them and then be capable of enticing them to the club.

This is the level Brighton are at. You cannot expedite progress in this League any faster than the club are doing. The Directors at Norwich were guilty of thinking they were better than they were. They had one season under their belt and they were guilty of making statement like ''we should be beating teams like them'', when they came up against the sides newly promoted. And that was despite the fact that they were the lowest spenders in terms of playing budget in the whole of the Division.

You have to be respectful of the opposition because they re all pumping millions into playing squads and all teams have decent players in them. Not to recognise that would be foolish.

You have to build the squad conservatively, transfer window by transfer window. If you start trying to run before you can walk or have the ''we are better than what we are'' attitude which the Norwich fans and Board took, then you will come unstuck.

Playing open and attacking football is a great aspiration to have but in reality, it would be suicidal.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Chelsea won a European Cup a few years ago despite winning the semi final and final against the run of play and totally out played by Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

The players and fans didn't seem to complain about it though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was never trying to win anything in the first place. And as far as I'm concerned nothing is going on, and I certainly don't feel wronged in any way.

You've got nothing to justify....i really can't understand what they guy is on about ...one would have thought your comments in 142 were enough ..some people seem to be taking the stuff that isn't serious (in the grand scheme of things)..too seriously and not taking enough notice of what actually is serious....IMHO

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Chelsea won a European Cup a few years ago despite winning the semi final and final against the run of play and totally out played by Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

The players and fans didn't seem to complain about it though.

BUT they were set up to counter effectively.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here