Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley and Watford

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We need 7 more wins and it'll ease the building pressure to get 2 of them in these games.

So more that they are 'good idea to actually win' games.

Not convinced about seven. If we did achieve that we'll be on 38 points, and that's presupposing that our remaining 14 games are all losses. I still suspect 38 will be more than enough, especially with the big six -- or seven if Burnley can continue with their form -- far more dominant over the remaining teams this season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wouldn't be jumping for joy, but 2 points would be ok. We really could do with winning one of them though, for morale and to perhaps take a little pressure off games that would become must win in the future if we don't win one of these! My prediction is 4, 1 against Burnley and 3 against Watford.

Like you, I wouldn't be massively disappointed with two points, although love your prediction of four! I think we just need to tread water until we get ourselves through this month's tranch of games, and then hopefully add some much needed attacking quality in January.

Worth remembering too, that there are still several teams worse off than us, Palarse, Swansea, Stoke, Newcastle et al. After all, this season was never going to be easy was it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need to attract a decent striker in the window, failure to succeed in signing anyone will inevitably lead to our relegation without a shadow of a doubt.
Rubbish! No it won't. It will make it harder, no doubt, but there is no such thing as a certainty half way through the season! 'Inevitablly' my ****!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like you, I wouldn't be massively disappointed with two points, although love your prediction of four! I think we just need to tread water until we get ourselves through this month's tranch of games, and then hopefully add some much needed attacking quality in January.

Worth remembering too, that there are still several teams worse off than us, Palarse, Swansea, Stoke, Newcastle et al. After all, this season was never going to be easy was it?
I would be concerned if we got two points - it would suggest that we were completely trapped in a habit of not winning. These are not 'must win' games, I would agree - but I would qualify that by saying they are only just not 'must win' games! They're getting closer.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
What do we want?
What do we need?

My worry is we will draw both and CH will spin this positively.

In the Championship I could understand the mentality of sometimes accepting a draw as part of wanting to keep an unbeaten run going. I think it's a pointless thing to even consider in the Prem, as you WILL play a Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City etc every so often.

I'd far, FAR rather we won one and lost one. It's not just about the extra point, it's about the mentality of believing we belong here, and CAN beat "the other 13".

I think Hughton has plenty of credit in the bank, but I do worry about his slight knee jerk move towards over-cautiousness when things get tough.

Agree with this. Just one win from these two would be great. If not, then we need two draws. Less than two points from these games would be pretty damaging. Just as importantly, IMO, we need to score some goals in open-play: CH may not agree but I think a 2-2 draw would be far healthier for us than a 0-0 draw. The team and individuals need to start believing again that we can score goals. The individuals have the same skill-set that they had when we scored against WBA and West Ham: they need the belief... and some adjustment to tactics. This is where the squad psychologist earns their crust [anyone know if we have one?].

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We need to start turning the home draws into wins. Home form is the thing that keeps most newly promoted clubs up. Will definitely be disappointed if we don't show some attacking edge in those games.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
A win then a draw and I'll be happy. Let's go at them both though like some of the home games last season

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anything less than four points from the next four games will be near-disastrous in my opinion, and at least one of them has to be at Newcastle. If we could somehow beat both Newcastle and Bournemouth then we could probably afford to lose the next three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here