Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] sam baldock .offers something different to what we have got

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
so now we see Baldock as this seasons saviour............January spending is where its at. Dont find the right players and its trap door time imo.

tumblr_mt56frsXaY1siso9jo4_250.gif

Jimmy Grimble

Frankly I'm amazed Hughton hasn't at least given him a run out yet.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Can't believe we have posters on here thinking SB could be the answer!, A striker who was at very best a mid range championship level striker, never going to be the answer in Prem, we need a new striker in January, SB is our fallback option if we end up back in the championship next season

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Can't believe we have posters on here thinking SB could be the answer!, A striker who was at very best a mid range championship level striker, never going to be the answer in Prem, we need a new striker in January, SB is our fallback option if we end up back in the championship next season

The same striker who’s absence was very much noticed in the latter part of last season? Someone who we desperately missed in the run in ??? Yeah, ok.

He may not be ‘the answer’ but we need to start showing some ambition especially at home. His pace, movement and partnership(s) with Hemed and Murray is a large part (amongst other things) of why we were promoted. To discredit his contribution over the last two seasons is an insult IMO.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If Baldock did have an injury and played regular football he has got Prem quality about him. Some good players have to retire early so even when he does come back the question will be how long for.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
SB is not necessary going to come back & start banging in goals every week, but we were definitely a better team with him on the pitch last season. There was a noticeable dip in the potency & creativity of our attack after his injury. His relative pace to our other strikers & link up play with the midfield made a big difference. Will be glad to see him back.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree that Sam is different but he's not the whole answer. We'll still need to sharpen our blunt attack in the Transfer Window.

I was always a fan of Barnes when he was here and I don't think Baldock is a lower standard than Barnes (very different players, mind). My point is that he would bring something we just don't have at the moment - excellent movement off the ball creating space for midfielders to run into. I don't think he'd score loads himself but I do think our midfielders would look far more like scoring.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How's he supposed to do that when he is always injured. I think his wash bag fell on his foot at Huddersfield and he will now be out until his contract expires so irrelevant really.

According to most reports he's been available for the last four games...played a large proportion of last season

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Think people underestimate what Sam brings to the team, his movement and work rate opens up areas for the likes of Murray and Hemed to cause problems, is he going to score 20 goals in the PL? No, does he give us another option and the chance to stretch defences? Yes.

On that basis I would have him on the bench and give us another dimension when chasing a game (as per recent weeks)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Think people underestimate what Sam brings to the team, his movement and work rate opens up areas for the likes of Murray and Hemed to cause problems, is he going to score 20 goals in the PL? No, does he give us another option and the chance to stretch defences? Yes.

On that basis I would have him on the bench and give us another dimension when chasing a game (as per recent weeks)

I agree, again. I think people are getting a tad confused here, from what I gather the clamour is for Baldock to play ALONGSIDE Murray or Hemed, not to play upfront on his own, that would be utterly pointless.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Would be an option if CH didn't leave the subs so late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here