Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Ashes test: Aus vs Eng at the WACA

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Well. Decent start. 77-1. Can we press on from here?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
OUCH! Stoneman just took a nasty one on the side of the helmet. Bet his ears are ringing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Started about where we left off at Adelaide.
Surprising how many batsmen fall just before a break, if I knew it was coming I would resolve to make that bit more effort to stay in.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Tempting fate I suppose, but if these two could push on to 250 then it would be interesting to see what we end with and our quicks should be able to inflict damage on this pitch.
Though we never win here, but usually only a matter of time till we do and then back into the doldrums for another 25 years.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Malan and Stoneman at least showing a bit of fight today.

England 197/4

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our first century in these Ashes tests well done Sir. Be good if Bairstow can do the same. OT Stokes hits 93 off 47 balls in NZ. Perhaps like Schelotto we are writing England off too soon, lets hope so.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Our first century in these Ashes tests well done Sir. Be good if Bairstow can do the same. OT Stokes hits 93 off 47 balls in NZ. Perhaps like Schelotto we are writing England off too soon, lets hope so.

450 in this first innings sure does make things interesting with the Aussies batting last but this pitch will play well for at least 4 days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And breathe.........phew... great performance to come back like this. First day we can say we won ? as above, 450+ required to give us a chance on this track.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Malan - great batting and backed up by Bairstow

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No comments on an outrageous DRS decision on Stonemason by Allem Dar yet? One of the real shockers where technology has created the error, not on field.

DRS is to ensure the on field umpire doesn't make a shocker. It is not there to make decisions in its own right. It is there for CONCLUSIVE overwhelming evidence its wrong on field. If I was Erasmus I would be bloody furious with Dar right now, because he's overturned a decision on evidence you couldn't really tell for sure. You cannot see what the ball is hitting in the snicko view Dar used and he's taken a guess its hit the right glove where it looked like the left which was off the bat.

I'm not sure all these umpires are clear what their role is on DRS. Some are doing it where they don't overturn, or others where they're suddenly the centre of attention.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
No comments on an outrageous DRS decision on Stonemason by Allem Dar yet? One of the real shockers where technology has created the error, not on field.

DRS is to ensure the on field umpire doesn't make a shocker. It is not there to make decisions in its own right. It is there for CONCLUSIVE overwhelming evidence its wrong on field. If I was Erasmus I would be bloody furious with Dar right now, because he's overturned a decision on evidence you couldn't really tell for sure. You cannot see what the ball is hitting in the snicko view Dar used and he's taken a guess its hit the right glove where it looked like the left which was off the bat.

I'm not sure all these umpires are clear what their role is on DRS. Some are doing it where they don't overturn, or others where they're suddenly the centre of attention.

It hit his glove. The same glove which was holding the bat. Then it was caught. OUT. Well done Mr Dar, good decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here