Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Ashes test: Aus vs Eng at the WACA

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
389-7. Don’t think we’ll get much past 400 now, maybe 420/430, but finally a decent innings.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Would be nice if our tail could wag every now and again. Last 5 in scored a grand total of 20 runs, including 2 ducks :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
44/1 Warner out

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Broad is bowling terribly.

His bounced Smith earlier who put him into the stands and acted like he'd nearly got him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can’t see Australia not getting a lead here. Smith could end up N.O. at the end of the innings. A draw would be no disaster though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Smith makes batting look so easy

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No - whilst @Bold Seagull is wrong to say it was an incorrect decision (much later replays from a new angle proved it DID hit the glove on the bat), he is RIGHT that the original decision should NOT have been overturned.

Dar got a bit lucky, in that the later angle (AFTER he'd made the call) vindicated him, but from what he had to work with at the time he had NO RIGHT within the set guidelines to overrule the on-field umpire. It is not his job to guess.

Exactly. I like DRS, I like 'umpires call' where ultimately what is seen on field holds the weight. What Dar did yesterday was not what DRS is about. Sure, a new angle may show it might have feathered the glove, but it has to be absolutely conclusive to overrule the on field decision. I think to overrule a decision you need hotspot and snicko to give you conclusive evidence. Dar had neither really because snicko on the angle he used didn't show the glove in the shot as it was from the other side.

It didn't actually say it was wrong as in it definitely didn't hit the glove, my point was at the time we didn't have that evidence and Dar was wrong to overrule, so I am in agreement.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How on earth did we manage to go from 368-4, to a few hours later 403 all out and Aussies on 173-2!!??

Awful. Root looking devoid of ideas or sparking anything as captain either. Bowling Broad and Ali all that time after Tea – try something else FFS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How on earth did we manage to go from 368-4, to a few hours later 403 all out and Aussies on 173-2!!??

Awful. Root looking devoid of ideas or sparking anything as captain either. Bowling Broad and Ali all that time after Tea – try something else FFS.

This. Today has been another absolute shambles and more utterly gutless cricket, apart from the opening hour of the day and then one 20 minute Craig Overton bowling spell. I'm sure Joe Root feels we're still "massively in this" test match. We're not. We're probably going to draw, but if we don't it will only be because we lose.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
why does our tail give in so badly yet once again. We should have at least got 450 after the partnership of Malaan and Bairstow.
Moeen failed with the bat, and so did Overton. You can't really blame the rest of the lower order for adding so few runs - it's not their job. Fingers should be pointed at the players who came in before Malan and Bairstow - they are the reason we didn't get 500 which looks about par on this wicket.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
At last... a wicket (after a very long review for a potential edge on Snicko and two orange lights) !

Khawaja lbw Woakes 50 (Aus 179-3)

Another couple this evening (especially Smith) in the fina; 10 overs and England would be back on top.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm claiming this wicket!! punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here