Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Spurs (a)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, by a MASSIVE half point. Ooh, OUTRAGEOUS. And for a game The Argus summed up with "Schelotto one of the pluses for me."

Post your own opinions then, rather than just nitpicking at someone else's.

Oh get over yourself. He is awful. Werre you actually at the game? People all around me were actually laughing at how bad he was.

And btw, if you are such a snowflake that you get upset by other people disagreeing with your opinions I'd avoid this place like the plague.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Ryan 6 - not much he could have done with the goals, another fine double save

Schelotto 6 - grew into the game
Dunk 7 - better than of late
Duffy 6 - made some good blocks
Bong 7 - better than Suttner

Knockaert 6.5 - tried hard, not quite happening for him at the mo and looked frustrated
Stephens 4.5 - got to stop giving the ball away, sloppy
Kayal 6.5 - a good game considering how long he has been absent reflected in his mark. Tired and subbed.
Propper 5 - needs a rest
Izquierdo 5 - no real influence although a couple of decent runs

Hemed 5 - isolated but worked hard. Marked down for a clear missed chance he could have put either side of the keeper but went straight at him.

March 7 - attacking menace when he came on
Gross and Murray - not enough time.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There is no doubt from reading this and from watching him against Liverpool that Stephens has to be rested. Surely we cannot afford to have a player in the team who gives the ball to the opposition at almost every opportunity?

I’m assuming you love a bit of hyperbole?

Just for a bit of context, which I know NSC hates, but Stephens has the highest pass completion rate in our squad across this whole season. Yet the only one (Bong aside) who ever seems to get critiqued for giving the ball away, is Stephens...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Just for a bit of context, which I know NSC hates, but Stephens has the highest pass completion rate in our squad across this whole season. Yet the only one (Bong aside) who ever seems to get critiqued for giving the ball away, is Stephens...

But, more relevant to the point I was making, what are his stats for the last few games?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kayal and Propper in central midfield.

As Propper already plays there you are saying replace Stephens with Kayal, a totally different type of midfielder. The mind boggles as we are struggling at the moment and do not want to increase that struggle. Stephens has probably been one of our highest marked and consistent players so far this season.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As Propper already plays there you are saying replace Stephens with Kayal, a totally different type of midfielder. The mind boggles as we are struggling at the moment and do not want to increase that struggle. Stephens has probably been one of our highest marked and consistent players so far this season.

Rubbish

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Kayal and Propper in central midfield.

Until the midfield 'quarterback' has a decent and viable out ball then whoever shoulders this mantle will struggle. Movement is lacking.

Clear example is the amount of times Murray was offside at 'Udders.

Stephens remains, imho, one of the few shining lights thus far.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Until the midfield 'quarterback' has a decent and viable out ball then whoever shoulders this mantle will struggle. Movement is lacking.

Clear example is the amount of times Murray was offside at 'Udders.

Stephens remains, imho, one of the few shining lights thus far.

Now now, don't start bringing facts like pass completion rates and forward pass ratios into a unanimous ruling.

We all know Dale PERPETUALLY misplaces backwards passes, passes that any of us could make if we slipped our boots on. It has absolutely nothing to do with with the movement, or lack thereof, of our other players or what the oppostion are doing.

The general practice is, when Davy (or any other player except perhaps Bong) misplaces a pass, no matter how many times or how catastrophic the error, we all let off a groan to signal our disapproval. However, when Dale tries to feed a pass through a tiny gap feel free to let off some steam eg. FAH FAHKS SAAAKE STAYVANS... GEHT EEM OFFF.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Our full backs looked very poor on the ball. Admittedly their playing a high press team and are getting moved around a lot but still looked like startled deer last night when they got the ball bar one run from Jack Sparrow.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There is no doubt from reading this and from watching him against Liverpool that Stephens has to be rested. Surely we cannot afford to have a player in the team who gives the ball to the opposition at almost every opportunity?

It’s difficult to pick a pass when all of your team mates are in hiding, seriously, Stephens gets **** all time on the ball yet we demand every pass to be on point, meanwhile almost every other player is running scared from the ball. Wtf is he supposed to do with it? If he had a multitude of outlets then yeah let’s roast him, but he doesn’t, so let’s cut him some slack eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here