Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Limp

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i was actually expecting another 5-0 humping so a 2-0 loss was ok....gotta get back on track soon though.

TBH I don't think I could cope with NSC eyeing up a Europa League place before the end of December. :lol:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
What were you actually expecting?

If you weren't expecting a slump at some point this season you were always going to be disappointed.

What I was getting at is that whatever we do against a team like Spurs the result is going to be same just the scoreline is going to be different. If you setup defensively you might nick a point or three and CH has shown he can get the team playing a tight defensive game. So yeah, I fully expected the result last night and generally quite pleased with the season so far. For me staying up would be a good season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I posted this last night.

Beaten by two flukes and should have equalised with the one chance we had.

We seemed to scared to play far to many loose passes and panicked clearances. Lots of chances to break but poor passes let us down. Bit of composure on the ball and we could have got something tonight.

Tend to agree with this. The first was clearly a cross and maybe had Jose not fouled him as he was crossing he wouldn't have miscued it. The second was deflected away from Ryan. Same bad luck we had at Old Trafford except there we were better at keeping the ball. Think frustrations from fans are worse when the simple things like passing go astray. We know we are playing a team of internationals and I doubt there was one fan there really expecting to get anything but that's when is important to retain possession as much as you can.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Tend to agree with this. The first was clearly a cross and maybe had Jose not fouled him as he was crossing he wouldn't have miscued it. The second was deflected away from Ryan. Same bad luck we had at Old Trafford except there we were better at keeping the ball. Think frustrations from fans are worse when the simple things like passing go astray. We know we are playing a team of internationals and I doubt there was one fan there really expecting to get anything but that's when is important to retain possession as much as you can.

Problem with this is that you could look at every game as a series of what ifs. You don't lose at Spurs, Man Utd, Huddersfield and home to Liverpool on bad luck alone. Bad luck at Old Trafford? Maybe, but if March hadn't been dicking around with the ball Utd would never have got the corner they scored from. And Ryan has had to make just as many good saves in those games as the opposition goalie.

We have scored one goal in those games which was a penalty. That's the real problem. You can't say we should have scored when we had only one chance. Even if we had Alan Shearer or Michael Owen up front, they wouldn't have a 100% conversion rate from one chance per game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
All these apologists for us not even having a go at attempting to take the game to the opposition are getting right on my tits. Bournemouth have stayed up for two seasons having a go. Burnley last season too. Yes you may get the occasional Tonking but we might also win some games as well. At the moment we look like we are last seasons Middlesbrough all over again. Playing not to lose every week will get us relegated 100%.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All these apologists for us not even having a go at attempting to take the game to the opposition are getting right on my tits. Bournemouth have stayed up for two seasons having a go. Burnley last season too. Yes you may get the occasional Tonking but we might also win some games as well. At the moment we look like we are last seasons Middlesbrough all over again. Playing not to lose every week will get us relegated 100%.
Spurs scored 2 deflected goals? We kept them at bay after they stuffed stoke last week, wtf were people expecting ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here