Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Limp

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just about turned up and took our medicine didn't we.

I KNOW its world class opposition
I KNOW from 1 to 11 they are on another level to us

But FFS, have a go at least. Unlike Saturday, I was actually encouraged when I saw the lineup. But we were just so, so MEEK tonight. Cowed by the stadium, the opposition, whatever it was. On the few occasions when we breached the halfway line with the ball, the very first thought was always to pass it backwards. Thats not being smart, or keeping possession, that was just flat-out fear. One of the worst, most pitiful away performances I have ever seen.

Arsecakes and bobbins. I know how far we've come etc etc. But tonight was the first time I've been angry this season. We need to stop turning up at these venues like we're FODDER just grateful to be there, and actually play like we believe, like we belong.

Pissed off. Bollocks.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
MoTD had little to say about us... apart from a lack of ambition.

Going out with a whimper is disappointing but perhaps not as bad in the long term as taking severe thrashings.

The next two home games have to be different or it is Goodnight Vienna.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Very different to the game at Old Trafford. We're really lacking confidence at the moment it seems. You're never going to get anything from a game if you sit so deep but then counter at snails pace. Yesterday was I think the first time I can remember getting bored watching us. We barely had the ball, and when we did we barely strung two passes together. Woeful. I know, I know, we were playing spurs away. But we can't seem to get the basics right at the moment and our attacking is so predictable. We desperately need a win, by whatever means, to start building some confidence again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just not good enough I am afraid.
What were you actually expecting?

If you weren't expecting a slump at some point this season you were always going to be disappointed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would like to see us play the way that has served us well for two seasons Baldock Hemed/Murray up front couple of wingers and give it ago occasionally.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just not good enough I am afraid.

I don’t mind us keeping it tight for 70 minutes at places like Spurs, but at some point you have to roll the dice. It can’t be great for the players morale. They must be turning up expecting to lose because of the way they are set up. We look entirely pitiful on the counter and our inability to keep possession is pitiful

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just about turned up and took our medicine didn't we.

I KNOW its world class opposition
I KNOW from 1 to 11 they are on another level to us

But FFS, have a go at least. Unlike Saturday, I was actually encouraged when I saw the lineup. But we were just so, so MEEK tonight. Cowed by the stadium, the opposition, whatever it was. On the few occasions when we breached the halfway line with the ball, the very first thought was always to pass it backwards. Thats not being smart, or keeping possession, that was just flat-out fear. One of the worst, most pitiful away performances I have ever seen.

Arsecakes and bobbins. I know how far we've come etc etc. But tonight was the first time I've been angry this season. We need to stop turning up at these venues like we're FODDER just grateful to be there, and actually play like we believe, like we belong.

Pissed off. Bollocks.

Its a shame you think like this. There's a lot of people all over NSC right now whose level of football analysis is extremely poor, to be generous, but I didn't think you were one of them.

Tell me its not a sense of entitlement based on several seasons of winning, that suggests we can turn up at Tottenham, play freely and get a result.

Tell me you haven't lost understanding of how CH wants to set us up away from home and his tactics for playing football and approaching games like this.

Tell me you can't see that we're in a run of poor form at the moment and getting angry at our players isn't the answer

Please? Or NSC really has absolutely collapsed in a pit of its own self-inflicted, selfish misery

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don’t mind us keeping it tight for 70 minutes at places like Spurs, but at some point you have to roll the dice. It can’t be great for the players morale. They must be turning up expecting to lose because of the way they are set up. We look entirely pitiful on the counter and our inability to keep possession is pitiful

I thought the same, but it was almost as if the objective was to lose by as little as possible, and yes, nobody expected us to get anything out of it. There was a short period in the 2nd half where we were more adventurous and we looked pretty threatening but it didn't last more than 5 minutes. Some of our passing was shocking

I'm sure I can see growing frustration on the faces of some players and it will be interesting to see who's selected and we set up for the next two games. They are both decent sides but we surely have to be going all out to beat both of them ... I'm beginning to wonder!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I didn’t have a problem with the way we set up to play, and I liked the look of our line-up when I saw it before the game, the thing that concerns me the most and got me extremely agitated last night was the inability to keep possession - especially in the first half. Giving the ball back to the opposition as easily as we did last night is asking for trouble and we were fortunate to get away with only losing 2-0. Simple passes we’re going astray, we frequently resorted to just hoofing it just to clear our lines and this was often when the player had time on the ball and it kept inviting constant pressure on ourselves. It really did look like men against boys at times when you looked at the movement and crisp passing from their players. This is basic stuff that we’re not getting right and that for me is the biggest worry.

However, we’re still in a decent position where a couple of good results will change the mood and confidence levels for everyone. A minimum of 4 points is needed from our next 2 home games. UTA !

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
i didnt expect anything else last night. i do however expect us to have a right good go for the next two home games. As cautious as we have been will be very disappointing

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's all about perception. Yes, we were outclassed, but I thought we tried & put in the effort.
I always try to look for positives, or what is the point of forking out money to go to games.
Harry Kane has been on fire, but Lewis Dunk did well against him. We held off Spurs for 43 mins, when a flukey cross hit the post & deflected in.
We weren't disgraced.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I thought the same, but it was almost as if the objective was to lose by as little as possible, and yes, nobody expected us to get anything out of it. There was a short period in the 2nd half where we were more adventurous and we looked pretty threatening but it didn't last more than 5 minutes. Some of our passing was shocking

I'm sure I can see growing frustration on the faces of some players and it will be interesting to see who's selected and we set up for the next two games. They are both decent sides but we surely have to be going all out to beat both of them ... I'm beginning to wonder!

Lack of quality of passing and giving the ball away has been an issue since day 1 of this season. I guess it’s the step up. It’s certainly going to be difficult to settle into this division and play our way out of trouble if we never have the ball.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Shame we didn't sign Janson I like him hold the ball up really well just out side the box and brings others into the game would of been ideal for us.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
We were up against world class players and contained them reasonably comfortably. We broke on the counter a few times through Knockaert and Duffy and Hemed both had good chances to score. We frustrated the crowd and they were getting worried I'm sure about how they were going to get through. A fluke goal would have been gutting for the players.

"One of the worst, most pitiful away performances I have ever seen" is nonsense. Did you see Dunk and Duffy throwing themselves in front of ball after ball? If we had gone for it, we would have been torn apart - just see what happened to Liverpool. Yes there were passes that went astray and they were frustrating as hell, but are you surprised? Being hounded by world class midfielders and knowing one cock up exposes you to Son and Kane in full flight probably plays on your mind a bit compared to Championship strikers.

Maybe we'll go down, but it won't be because of last night.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
As others have said the inability to keep the ball is frustrating. As is the number of simple passes that go astray. What I could really do without is the cheeky first time flicks and backheels to no-one when the defence would be really grateful if you just hung on to it for a minute to give them a break.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Hemed should have buried his chance at 1-0, likewise Murray should have buried his chance against Liverpool when it was 0-2. Goals change games and we aren't scoring any, fact.

Chances are few and far between at this level, converting them is vital. :xmas:

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hemed should have buried his chance at 1-0, likewise Murray should have buried his chance against Liverpool when it was 0-2. Goals change games and we aren't scoring any fact.

Correct. If that chance goes in and we secure a
1-1 draw then all these idiots saying we should give it a go (and end up losing heavily) would have been saying what a great gameplan and how brilliant CH is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hemed should have buried his chance at 1-0, likewise Murray should have buried his chance against Liverpool when it was 0-2. Goals change games and we aren't scoring any, fact.

Correct. If that chance goes in and we secure a
1-1 draw then all these idiots saying we should give it a go (and end up losing heavily) would have been saying what a great gameplan and how brilliant CH is.

The problem is:-

How many strikers in world football have got/had a 100% attempts to goals conversion rate?

Giving our strikers one, ever so slightly better than half, chance in a game and expecting a goal is doomed to failure.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Poxy thread.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here