Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mass exodus at 2-0

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Like you we were on a Just Park driveway. Ours was a mile or so from the ground so we weren't back to the car until about 22:15.

I thought it was curious that Waze didn't take us back to the M25, directing us over Hammersmith Bridge, picking up the A3 at Kingston and then the A243/A24 back to Worthing. It meant the first few miles were relatively slow going but we were back in Worthing before midnight.

Similar timing....but satnav directed me via Heathrow. Would have been home by 11.30 but roadworks on M25 around J10-9 caused a 30 min delay (3 of 4 lanes closed), and then the M23 junction was closed so had to go to J6 and back again.........suspect being further West yours picked your route as a quicker journey. Clever stuff.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nobody who's ever been to an event at Wembley ever stays to the very end after the first time...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh Sully, I feel for you but that did make me chuckle. When the chips are down, they really are down! We’re that person who get drenched by a passing lorry hitting a massive puddle. Before another does exactly the same moments later. The life of Albion supporters, but would we change it?!! :)

It’s actually even worse than I thought.
One of the team has now arrived and informed me that it was the Christmas party last night! :cry:

I have to say I’ve never really felt part of the team as I hate coming here......

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nobody who's ever been to an event at Wembley ever stays to the very end after the first time...

Incorrect. That was my fourth visit to the new stadium for a football match and I’ve not left early yet.

I went to the old stadium dozens of times, too, and it was far worse then.

Last edited:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
First time I have left a game early. Needs must when the travel infrastucture has completely broken. I was soaking wet and didn’t fancy the rail replacement bus or the taxi bun flight. If I had known Southern Fail had once again resigned all responsibility I would have caught the Costa Express.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I stayed to the end and clapped the team off. I was watching a team of players that tried but were not good enough, not their fault so clapped their effort. But then I only had to get back to Reading, i parked my car about 10 mins from Wembley. Do not blame a single person from leaving, if I had been using the trains or had a longer journey I would have done that too. There was not a sniff that we would actually score a goal and when they scored the second the game was over as a contest.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not sure I’ve ever seen an Albion away crowd evaporate before the end of a game as was the case when Spurs scored their second tonight.

The whole #Together-ness seems to be on the wane everywhere right now.

Harsh.

I think it was more a case of the whole "I've got to get back to London on the train and I've heard there might be a bus replacement"ness that caused the exodus.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m not criticising - I understand the reasons why - but I don’t recall it happening before, although I’m not as frequent an away traveller as many.

It did seem to be reflective of how many felt last night, particularly at half-time: “if the team can’t be arsed to try, then neither will I.”

You're reading too much into it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I drove a 378 mile round trip, due to junction closures on the M4 (J14 to J15) and an accident on the roadworks section I got indoors at 2.45 this morning, my alarm went off as usual for me to get up at 5am to get ready for work so I was in Bristol for 7.15am - and YES we did stay right to the end to clap the team + Manager off.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
To be fair, I left Upton Park with ten minutes to go once and it was a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday. The sixth goal had just gone in though. :lolol:

I left after ten minutes that game at 3-0 down a truly shocking experience

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
Stayed to the end to support a team who had tried but just were not good enough collectively. I was 'lucky' to be on a coach but why do the drivers not change their route when they know that the M25 will be a car park and there are problems getting on the M23. The journey home fromOld Trafford was ridiculous and I suspect I am not alone in thinking they would not make the same mistake again. Poor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stayed to the end to support a team who had tried but just were not good enough collectively. I was 'lucky' to be on a coach but why do the drivers not change their route when they know that the M25 will be a car park and there are problems getting on the M23. The journey home fromOld Trafford was ridiculous and I suspect I am not alone in thinking they would not make the same mistake again. Poor.

I didn't know the M25 was going to be a problem last night (there have been night closures recently but last night was just lane closures) so not sure the drivers would have ? Coaches were maybe a bit unlucky after OT I think......must have been just too late to avoid the closures - I got back to mid Sussex before 10pm in the car.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Thought this was going to be about Spurs fans (who were shit all night). Didn't think it was too bad the Albion end but cant see what the big issue is anyway if people pay their money they can do what the **** they want. It should be the players clapping then fans for making the effort not the other way around, their the ones who are paid fortunes to us.

Next time I sell a product Im going to ask my client for a full minute applause rather than thank them for their business :rolleyes:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Left on final whistle and pegged it towards the tube only to meet a massive queue which despite numbers kept moving. I’ve never seen a live music act at Wembley but can’t imagine it being the right place for it.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Left on 81 and made the 22.47 from Vicky (standing room only). We were utter, utter garbage, which made the exit a bit easier. Thats the earliest I can ever remember leaving a game.

I left on 87 (from the top tier on the other side) and made it on the 22.30 from Victoria. How slow are you?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I was actually surprised how easy it was to get away afterwards.

Left on FT, brisk walk to Wembley stadium stn and only had to queue for maybe 10minutes tops before onto the platform and back at Marlybone at 22.25. Plenty of time to get over to Paddington for the 22.45. Their queueing system for Wembley stadium stn at least worked very smoothly 😊

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here