Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mass exodus at 2-0

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Harsh.

I think it was more a case of the whole "I've got to get back to London on the train and I've heard there might be a bus replacement"ness that caused the exodus.

This is the exact reason that most of us left , we just managed to get the last train that wasnt a bus replacement at three bridges , needs must and all that eh ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Left on final whistle and pegged it towards the tube only to meet a massive queue which despite numbers kept moving. I’ve never seen a live music act at Wembley but can’t imagine it being the right place for it.

Wembley is actually pretty decent as a gig venue. Sound is ok, and the facilities are ok I don't mind it all. Obviously leaving with 80-90.000 other people can be problematic but as long as you are patient then it's alright.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure I’ve ever seen an Albion away crowd evaporate before the end of a game as was the case when Spurs scored their second tonight.

The whole #Together-ness seems to be on the wane everywhere right now.

Bozza, when was the last time you started a positive or even 'neutral' thread? Every thread or poll you have started recently has just fanned the flames of negativity on this board. When did they score their second goal - 87th minute? Wembley is an absolute pain to get away from, especially midweek. Were we going to stage a dramatic comeback in the remaining seconds? No. It doesn't mean we are all on the verge of slashing our wrists. In fact, it doesn't really mean anything.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The possibility of doing a QPR (against Brentford) or Palace (against Watford) always keeps me in the ground right up to the final whistle.

The chances of a come-back are slim but last minute equalisers or win are one of the best things in football. Better still if the opposition fans are giving it large, which was presumably the case in these two matches but wasn't last night.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I always stay to the end for weekend games but usually leave 5 mins early for night games.

Last night wasn't too bad as the crowd was only 42k or so vs a 62k low for our other premiere league games so far.

Like most Spurs fans I detest Wembley with a passion and cant wait to get to our new place.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza, when was the last time you started a positive or even 'neutral' thread? Every thread or poll you have started recently has just fanned the flames of negativity on this board. When did they score their second goal - 87th minute? Wembley is an absolute pain to get away from, especially midweek. Were we going to stage a dramatic comeback in the remaining seconds? No. It doesn't mean we are all on the verge of slashing our wrists. In fact, it doesn't really mean anything.

The last one I started?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?359359-Are-you-keeping-the-faith-in-Hughton&highlight= - Highlighting most fans are pro-Hughton

I am massively Albion positive.

My one personally held negative viewpoint is that I think we have failed to maximise the opportunities we've had at home, but that's about it. Four months ago I'd have snatched anyone's hand off for 13th place mid-December.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I suspect the advertising revenue for Nsc is getting low, so start a few clickbait threads after a loss, and you get lots of posts. He even got one of the moderators to start one which hitony rarely does.

Of course, Bozza could just like starting threads.

el punal

Not sure I’ve ever seen an Albion away crowd evaporate before the end of a game as was the case when Spurs scored their second tonight.

The whole #Together-ness seems to be on the wane everywhere right now.

Definitely wrong on your last sentence. The fans are together as one. Last night was a strange one-off. None of us had seen a league match at Wembley. It was an 8.00 pm kick off, therefore a late finish. No one really knew how the travel arrangements would pan out, whether we would be stuck forever queuing for tubes or trains to get us back to other train connections in time. So leaving just before full time in those circumstances was justifiable. If, on the other hand, it had been a 3.00pm Saturday kick off . . . . :annoyed:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The last one I started?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?359359-Are-you-keeping-the-faith-in-Hughton&highlight= - Highlighting most fans are pro-Hughton

I am massively Albion positive.

My one personally held negative viewpoint is that I think we have failed to maximise the opportunities we've had at home, but that's about it. Four months ago I'd have snatched anyone's hand off for 13th place mid-December.

I just don't understand what the point of this thread is unless it's to get all the bedwetters to come out yet again. It was a late kick-off, most Albion fans not going to get home until well after midnight, the queues at local stations would be horrendous, the game is lost. With only three minutes plus added time left, of course people are going to leave.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Four months ago I'd have snatched anyone's hand off for 13th place mid-December.
Which I think is what's got NSC in all of a tizzy recently.

My guess is instead of (all of us) snatching hands off for 13th, you'd have assumed we'd be 4 points off a relegation place by mid December.
Meaning with the false position has come false hope, and false 'delusions of greatness'.

I'd hazard a guess the team is about where the majority thought they would be in terms of the relegation places, but are actually more surprised by the amount of dross keeping them company.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm so cross.

I stayed until the final whistle as I was certain we would score three goals in the last three minutes.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which I think is what's got NSC in all of a tizzy recently.

My guess is instead of (all of us) snatching hands off for 13th, you'd have assumed we'd be 4 points off a relegation place by mid December.
Meaning with the false position has come false hope, and false 'delusions of greatness'.

I'd hazard a guess the team is about where the majority thought they would be in terms of the relegation places, but are actually more surprised by the amount of dross keeping them company.

True.

Swansea adding TA, Bony, Clucas and Sanches were seen as more than decent.
Stoke and Palace spending fortunes again, on already expensive squads.
WBA and Pulis secure.
Everton and West Ham on huge spending sprees.
Southampton and Bournemouth established, always able to win plenty of PL games.

The reality of 17/18 has been 11 poor teams by and large.

The January transfer window presents an opportunity for a club acting quickly to pull away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jeez...

I suspect the advertising revenue for Nsc is getting low, so start a few clickbait threads after a loss, and you get lots of posts.

I have no idea on current ad revenue. I won't get a report for 1-31st December until the 31st January.

He even got one of the moderators to start one which hitony rarely does.

No I didn't. I've never asked a single moderator to start a thread, including that one. As it happened I didn't even know he was at the game until I read one of his posts this morning, which is disappointing as I'd have arranged to meet up.

Of course, Bozza could just like starting threads.

Well, yes. In this case it was only because the bloke behind me shouted something like "where are you all going?" that I really noticed and, as I say, I thought it unusual. It wasn't passing judgement on anyone. I don't think I've ever posted on the "People Leaving Early" threads other than, possibly, just to say that it goes on everywhere.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I was in the Spudz end with a customer of mine. I left after second goal. Parked at Ikenham but issues with M25, dropping some pals home, resulted in me not getting back home in my bed much after 2am. If I was in the Away end I'd probably have stayed but it was hard enough being in the away end during the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is not a positive thread! You are inviting people to question the ability of one of the best managers we've ever had. Presumably because we really should be beating the likes of Liverpool and Spurs.

I’ve explained twice on that thread why I started it because I knew that it would show all but complete support for Hughton, and so it proved.

If you don’t understand that it says more about you than it does about me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have been to half of the away games this season and also noticed the exodus which I thought was unusual based on my limited experience. I left on the whistle as I had a coach to get to , not sure what I would have done if I had been using the tube/train route but the reason I got the coach was to avoid that situation. I got back to the AMEX about 00:30 having had a bit of kip on the way back. I am surprised more people don't get coaches...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here